User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Default string tension of racket?

I play with an Yonex Armortech 500 and my string broke. I am an advanced player around the county level and I never knew what the default tensions was.

Could anyone recommend strings and tension? I don't play a lot at the net so I don't do a lot of intricate net play.. I like to smash/dropshot.

Also knowing the default tension would give me a good idea what tension I have been playing with the past few years.

Thanks

Ed

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by briskx View Post
    I play with an Yonex Armortech 500 and my string broke. I am an advanced player around the county level and I never knew what the default tensions was.

Could anyone recommend strings and tension? I don't play a lot at the net so I don't do a lot of intricate net play.. I like to smash/dropshot.

Also knowing the default tension would give me a good idea what tension I have been playing with the past few years.

Thanks

Ed
    It's impossible to give you an advice, because we don't know more than you about your string and tension. I think if you replace your string with YY Bg80, BG65 or BG66 Ultimax @ around 22 to 24 lbs should work fine for your level of play.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IMO try 22-24lbs and then you can adjust according to your preference
    if you feel most of your hit go out too often (out at the back I mean) maybe you want to increase the tension (lower the power and increase precision). I mean even if you don't like a net play. drop shot do requires good precision.
    if you feel your smash lack of power (most people will think so.. so don't change the tension straight away) you could try to lower the tension. IMO 20 is the lowest.

good string to choose (pick any you like, more expensive doesn't mean better): BG80, BG66 ultimax, zymax 67, zymax 62.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by briskx View Post

Thanks

Ed
    i am just curious and am not trying to be mean or anything, so please don't get me wrong, but i am a little surprised that an advance player never took the time to find out the details of your equipment...just wondering