Default string tension of racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by briskx, Jul 5, 2013.

1. briskx

briskx Regular Member

I play with an Yonex Armortech 500 and my string broke. I am an advanced player around the county level and I never knew what the default tensions was.

Could anyone recommend strings and tension? I don't play a lot at the net so I don't do a lot of intricate net play.. I like to smash/dropshot.

Also knowing the default tension would give me a good idea what tension I have been playing with the past few years.

Thanks

Ed

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    It's impossible to give you an advice, because we don't know more than you about your string and tension. I think if you replace your string with YY Bg80, BG65 or BG66 Ultimax @ around 22 to 24 lbs should work fine for your level of play.

3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    IMO try 22-24lbs and then you can adjust according to your preference
    if you feel most of your hit go out too often (out at the back I mean) maybe you want to increase the tension (lower the power and increase precision). I mean even if you don't like a net play. drop shot do requires good precision.
    if you feel your smash lack of power (most people will think so.. so don't change the tension straight away) you could try to lower the tension. IMO 20 is the lowest.

good string to choose (pick any you like, more expensive doesn't mean better): BG80, BG66 ultimax, zymax 67, zymax 62.

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i am just curious and am not trying to be mean or anything, so please don't get me wrong, but i am a little surprised that an advance player never took the time to find out the details of your equipment...just wondering