Montaous Walton: The BIG LIAR

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Avenger, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    a real life story regarding a man, who dived too deep into his ambition: as a pro baseball player.
    he lied to many people so people believe he is a good baseball player, even to extend doing some crimes (read more from the link below to know what he did)

Source and read more:
    http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/6/6/4392208/montaous-walton-profile-fake-online-prospect

my opinion: I almost puke when I read the story. it is too.. absurd? too insane for my head to digest. I tried to see it in his shoes, I cannot comprehend, why does he willingly to lie that far for his dream. too many lies..
    telling lies, got caught, said sorry, forgiven, then lied again, got caught, say sorry, forgiven, did it again, and the cycle continues.

what do you guys think? (oh yeah, I will not gonna read any post from new members.. because.. it could be him)

2. visor

visor Regular Member

And then he laughed. :p

3. MjölnirSlinger

MjölnirSlinger Regular Member

Goshhh... never could have imagine that such a person exist.. poor thing..

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

That is a classic case of a Borderline Personality.

It comes in different degrees , but its more common than you may think. There are people we all know who lie, manipulate and do rash or even inexplicable things. Yet they are so otherwise normal-- in fact often very charming-- that, instead of staying away from them, we feel compelled to try to understand and help them. Don't bother. They don't change.

5. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    [​IMG]

yeah they don't change, I have a similar friend who also lies, saying that she is a novelist. she said her novel is in the book store right now. but then no one saw the book, people tried to ask her what is the name of the book, she cannot answer. the teacher praise her since she gave my teacher her script of the novel. but all she has is script, not the actual novel..
    I tried to be patient about her lies, but then she lied about many things.. so I got tired and stayed away from her.