BS LYD vs Kason F9/C7

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by TopNotch, Jul 11, 2013.

1. TopNotch

TopNotch Regular Member

Hi all I am currently using a BS LYD and is pleased with it. Now I am looking at hese 2 kasons to purchase one. Can someone compare these 3 for me please? In terms of HH, stiffness, Frame speed, playability, etc. Thanks in advance :)

2. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Never tried the C7 but I found both the BS LYD and F9 are good for doubles. BS LYD is one step more head-heavy and stiffer as well.
    If I were to decide, I would play with BS LYD whenever I play doubles more at the front court with a lot of tighter controlled shots to setup the rally instead of raining down smashes from the rear court where the F9 shines brighter :)

3. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

For myself I've never been able to generate much power with the LYD, while C7 and F9 gives me more power... But LYD is a better racket defensively so you also have to take that into account... I might be selling my F9 if you're also thinking of buying one seeing you're in Seattle you are not that far from Vancouver :p

4. Fuhaifengfan

Fuhaifengfan Regular Member

F9 is a good and user-friendly racket, it's fast, powerful but a little bit difficult to control due to the flexibility of the shaft. i'm using a f9 currently i think its good for singles and perfect for doubles. You can do continuous smashes without getting tired, unlike using other head heavy rackets.

5. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Although the BSLYD is fast aerodynamically, imo it is relatively slow in defence. This is because for short but fast strokes such as in defence and drives etc, it is the head weight that is the dominating factor... and the BSLYD is headheavy.

It's not excessively head heavy but you can certainly feel the mass in the head. I recently measured the BP of mine (with strings) at 309mm. So I guess it would be around 300mm dry.

Together with the stiff but long shaft and aero frame, it makes it excellent for smashing, clears etc... long strokes.

I found the LYD better for rear court play but for backhand drives, defense etc, I could do with a lighter head for better manoeuvreability. I've just ordered a BS10, which is supposed to be the same as the BSLYD but slightly head lighter.

6. carbonex 20

carbonex 20 Regular Member

engineer
    Vote for Kason F9