User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told today that I will be receiving a sample of BS LYI very soon, perhaps next week so I hope to report more on this racket within the next 2 weeks...fingers crossed.
    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I was told today that I will be receiving a sample of BS LYI very soon, perhaps next week so I hope to report more on this racket within the next 2 weeks...fingers crossed.
    Paul
    Super finger crossed I heard that you like the Victor Powerizer very much right?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerizer is great! I hadn't heard about it until recently but this could transform a racket if you prefer more weight in the head. I'm really impressed with it and surprised more manufacturers do not offer this product.

Paul

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerizer is great! I hadn't heard about it until recently but this could transform a racket if you prefer more weight in the head. I'm really impressed with it and surprised more manufacturers do not offer this product.

Paul
    looks interesting

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    looks interesting
    "In other news: Victor Badminton re-invented leadtape, now calling it Victor Powerizer - a badminton revolution"

Or ... you just use athletic tape around the top of the frame like every other pro player (it seems) nowadays

(probably every tennis brand will have leadtape in their product lineup already if you are looking for something nearby but the ready cut strips will probably weigh quite a bit more. been around for decades).
    Last edited by demolidor; 08-08-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul

babolat has tungsten strips, yonex too, has tungsten (they spell it as tangsten) strips that are 4.2 grams per strip that can be easily cut with scissors.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update. I found lead weight tape but it was advertised for golf. What I like about the Powerizer is that it's already pre-cut to fit inside the frame rather than over the outer edge. It makes for a neat job but there again, if you win a tournament you don't exactly care how your rackets look.

I've been aware of lead tape or the use of tape for many years but haven't tested it until recently. So many thanks for your comments and the info confirming other brands having similar products albeit they are for tennis.

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan signature move was to put athletic tape on his racket for "bonding" :P

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee Hyun Il Bravesword will be in my hands around Thursday next week if all goes well. I'll be testing on Sunday and writing my review Sunday evening.

Paul

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee Hyun Il Bravesword will be in my hands around Thursday next week if all goes well. I'll be testing on Sunday and writing my review Sunday evening.

Paul
    Sounds great!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have played with stiff rackets all my life but nowadays I'm happy to play with virtually anything. LHI is definitely less stiff compared to MX80.

I should have this racket next week so will hopefully be testing next Sunday.

Paul

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have played with stiff rackets all my life but nowadays I'm happy to play with virtually anything. LHI is definitely less stiff compared to MX80.

I should have this racket next week so will hopefully be testing next Sunday.

Paul
    If you need a second opinion I'll send you my address ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    If you need a second opinion I'll send you my address ;-)
    Paul, can u do a review on meteor JJS? Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have the racket to be able to review it. I had a very small hit with it at the last residential coaching wekend I ran but it wasn't enough for me to write a review.

I can't promise to get hold of this racket Ace but if I do I will certainly review it.

Paul

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll answer any JJS questions, I'm no expert though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update. I found lead weight tape but it was advertised for golf. What I like about the Powerizer is that it's already pre-cut to fit inside the frame rather than over the outer edge. It makes for a neat job but there again, if you win a tournament you don't exactly care how your rackets look.

I've been aware of lead tape or the use of tape for many years but haven't tested it until recently. So many thanks for your comments and the info confirming other brands having similar products albeit they are for tennis.

Paul
    Like Paul said, it's a great idea. The nice thing about the powerizer is that it doesn't mess with your racket frame shape too much. After trying my BS15 with some tape over the head, I could feel the added drag, the tape screwing the efficiency of the sword frame.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to be careful adding any sort of tape to the head of your racket, because if you like the stiffness in stock form, as soon as you add weight to the head it will become less stiff.

The problem with the braveswords, is that when they become too head heavy, they lose their torsional stiffness. I experimented quite heavily customising BS10,11 and 12 and there is a definite limit to how headheavy you can go before things start to go awry.

It also makes a difference where you put the weight. My preference is to add the weight where the sweetspot is, rather than at 12o'clock. Just seems to feel better there on the Braveswords.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast