User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They just need to manage their distribution channels better so that the availability is close to consistent around the world rather than EU having to wait 6 months for a new racket to be available when it gets released in Asia as soon as it is announced.
    Yonex officially announces the FB and Arc11 and soon it is available worldwide.
    Victor announces something and it's like a game of treasure hunt trying to track it down locally!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not distro, it's production. They sell into the markets that are 'bigger and easier' for them first up when they produce a new model, because they either have production issues or are being conservative with their production numbers so they don't have excess stock and money tied up in rackets sitting in warehouses.

The grim reality is that they're an Asian company located in Taiwan, and China is far and away their biggest market, so that's where their focus is.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My review of this racket is now live. Bit of a surprise for me

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you were going to put up the TK8000 review up before the LHI?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul, interesting that you said this for the mx60 review
    the Meteor 60 was delivered as a frame only and I therefore had the racquet strung in VS850 to 23lbs, which is a standard demo tension for the retailer. It would have been nice to have my preferred tension but at least it’s fair to test on this basis.
    but didn't keep the fairness for the LHI review

What is the main difference between the BS-LHI and your favourite MX racket that lead you to pick one over the other?
    Last edited by amleto; 08-21-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amieto - this racket did not belong to the retailer and therefore I made a choice based on what was happening to the racket next. If I strung at 23lbs then it would have to be restrung again. So it was a dilemma but I had to go with outside pressure. No other reason.

Paul

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The specs on the BS series is getting a little confusing to me because of their totally inadequate stiffness/weighting system.

The BS11 is my all-time favourite (old spec, stiffer version, although I do hear that it has gone back to it's old spec now). The BS10 is a great racket but too stiff for me. The BS12 was too headlight and felt awkward carrying most of it's weight near the T, and the LYD I played with for a few games I didn't take a shine to, mostly I think because it felt to me to be about 93g wet, which is too heavy for me.

Top it off with the fact that the KRP BS12's spec appears on paper to be essentially a BS10, and things start to get confusing!

Paul, from your LHI review, I'm not sure exactly where it fits in. Can you elaborate a bit more??

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maklike
    I wish I could. I tested BS10 and 11 over 3 years ago. Since then, as you say there have been changes and I don't understand why specs were diffierent. Did Victor change factories? If so, why as they manufacture their own rackets. It's a complete mystery to me.

BS12 does feel more headlight compared to LHI and I can say this as I have LYD and BS12 in my bag to compare against. LYD needs to be stiffer because there is more head mass and longer shaft. So there is more flexibility in the frame - not a bad thing but my preference would be to stiffen it up.

I've no experience of KRP BS12's or where to find the spec. But if they match the old BS10 then I'd be fine with them.

However, all I can say is that I thought LHI was brilliant, fast strong and powerful and I thoroughly enjoyed testing it. So much so that at the moment this is the racket I want in my bag this season when my contract begins. At the moment I am still in contract with Yonex, but am testing for a retailer.

Considering how much I like head heavy rackets, i really wasn't prepared for LHI to feel so good and tick the boxes.
    Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Paul, great review!!!! thanks. Do you know if the LHI is identical to the BS-11? It seems the LHI is more head heavier to other BS series.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Considering how much I like head heavy rackets, i really wasn't prepared for LHI to feel so good and tick the boxes.
    Paul
    I too have a preference for head heavy rackets, and I've had a similar feeling with the MX80. And I find it odd that you still haven't reviewed this racket, which is arguably Victor's most popular racket ever. Even though it's more than 2 years since initial release, many amateur and pro players are still using it. My "go to" racket is still my 3U Z-Force (I have a 4U Z-Force as well, which isn't much different from the 3U in terms of overall "effect of play" once adapted), but I'm finding the MX80 to be rather excellent too.

Paul, what I also wanted to caution you and readers is that string tension (and type) plays a huge role to the overall feel of the racket. My MX80 is strung with BG66UM at nearly 30 pounds (I asked for 27 pounds, but it's significantly higher than that) and that could be a reason why I am liking the racket so much. I've never actually tried playing beyond 27 pounds. So the fact that you strung the LHI at 4-5 pounds higher than the other rackets you reviewed makes it a completely "unfair" test.

Just my opinion and some observations - I'm not taking anything away from your otherwise very good reviews.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the heads up. I have been stringing for over 25 years so I do feel I can make a judgement on a racket taking into consideration tension.

Sadly I had very little opportunity to test MX80 as this wasn't a racket my retailer had as a demo. They sold a few but I didn't get the chance to playtest and review.

I can't say for sure whether BSLHI is identical to BS11. My retailer does not have BS11 and therefore I cannot do a comparison.

Sadly I have to work with the tools I have and sometimes this works favourably and other times there are gaps.

At the moment the only rackets I am being given are Victor as my retailer has nothing new from other manufacturers. So, in between me trying to write more articles, and think of new videos which I hope to film at Lilleshall in September and October I've haven't time for any more as I have to work too.
    Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got 2 of these from Taiwan. cant wait to try them out.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul, how's the pain quality compare to the previous bravesword?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been used LHI for 2 months.. It is nice and i feel better feeling regarding the smash compare with BS 11. Name:  123.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  75.4 KB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been using LHI for 1 month and i am loving it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BS LHI is available in UK and Europe now.

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    You have to be careful adding any sort of tape to the head of your racket, because if you like the stiffness in stock form, as soon as you add weight to the head it will become less stiff.

The problem with the braveswords, is that when they become too head heavy, they lose their torsional stiffness. I experimented quite heavily customising BS10,11 and 12 and there is a definite limit to how headheavy you can go before things start to go awry.

It also makes a difference where you put the weight. My preference is to add the weight where the sweetspot is, rather than at 12o'clock. Just seems to feel better there on the Braveswords.
    Hi..could you please share where is the position that you have applied the weight?
    (pls help to elaborate on the braveswords sweetspot position, and weight added)
    Thanks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast