0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favourites are in this order:

1. Zm62
    2. BG80
    3. Zm65
    4. BG80P

Anything not included is probably something I haven't tried, like Victor strings, or something I don't like.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like :
    Yonex BG85
    Gosen R4X-110
    Yonex BG66 Maxima
    Yonex BG80
    Victor VS 850 Nano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Faves..

NBG 98 - my first choice. Love it for the slippery feel and also the repulsion. I can do most of the defensive shots and returns easily with this string. The two downer though is the slightly high price (RM 30+ ) and lack of colours other than white, gold and blue (JP codes which are more expensive have red or pink, but not worth getting at RM 45)

MAXIMA 66 - only used it once, but my God... this string is just like Ultimax 66, but much more powerful and longer tension lasting. With Maxima 66, I don't need to use a lot of power to hit the shuttlecocks, but I have to manage my shots carefully to avoid hitting out of court. And the price.... maybe I'll just got for this string when I have my pockets full of money (RM 40+ )

ULTIMAX 66 - This is the string I use for lower end based rackets, or when I don't have enough money for NBG 98. It works well as it's subsitute, with more repulsion and power, but lacking in the control department... and there is also the loss of tension issue. Then again, at RM 20+, what more can you ask for from this string? And yeah, there's numerous colours too.... RED!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ I've never heard of slippery strings giving better defence, much less anyone specifically preferring slippery over textured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^ I've never heard of slippery strings giving better defence, much less anyone specifically preferring slippery over textured.
    Well, I kinda used the "slipperyness" to do defensive returns of smashes - a"forehand curveball" or even a "backhand slice shot" to the net (as I called it). Yeah, don't ask me how I do it.... just my playing style. Maybe it's because I watched too much tennis. Even my friends were like "What the heck is that?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used bg66um but it kept breaking even at 24lbs so i tried bg65ti at the same tension but it lacked the sharp feeling i was used to and it moved around like crazy after every rally. I then took my chances with zm62 despite my clumsiness with thinner strings. Initially it felt dull so i strung it to 26lbs and it played like a dream. Durability was better than i expected surprisingly. It also didn't move around as much because of the rough surface which explains the greater control much like the nbg99. It's also a dry string meaning that it doesn't have the same slippery coating as some strings and doesn't feel as heavy. If you want instant repulsion and feel zm62 is a great choice but if you want more durability zm65 will be better. I personally feel that harder strings should be strung at +2lbs higher tension to get the most out of them otherwise they feel dull.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahmed003472 View Post
    I used bg66um but it kept breaking even at 24lbs so i tried bg65ti at the same tension but it lacked the sharp feeling i was used to and it moved around like crazy after every rally. I then took my chances with zm62 despite my clumsiness with thinner strings. Initially it felt dull so i strung it to 26lbs and it played like a dream. Durability was better than i expected surprisingly. It also didn't move around as much because of the rough surface which explains the greater control much like the nbg99. It's also a dry string meaning that it doesn't have the same slippery coating as some strings and doesn't feel as heavy. If you want instant repulsion and feel zm62 is a great choice but if you want more durability zm65 will be better. I personally feel that harder strings should be strung at +2lbs higher tension to get the most out of them otherwise they feel dull.
    I too love zm62 for it's incredibly easy power and crazy control, but it don't like me at anything over 24 lbs... it snaps at the slightest mishit.

Maybe you had a bad batch of bg66um?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too love zm62 for it's incredibly easy power and crazy control, but it don't like me at anything over 24 lbs... it snaps at the slightest mishit.

I wouldn't normally play with a higher tension than stated on my racquet in case it breaks but i suppose a little higher couldn't hurt especially since i don't mishit often. The maximum it can be strung to is 28lbs, would love to try that one day. I use the red version which I've heard is more durable than the original but can't be too sure. As for 66um, I doubt yonex would let a bad batch sneak into the market but who knows.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And that's one of the advantages of playing with a super thin string like zm62, you can get a stiff stringbed at lower tensions compared to thick strings at higher tensions.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Top 3:

ZM62: The best sound and "immediacy" you can ask for out of a badminton string!

R4X Momone: Excellent Resilience and lovely crisp feel. Don't be fooled by the "girly look" on the packaging, this string packs some serious power.

BG66Ultimax: Control, sound, feel, you name it. Feels just right when fresh, an ideal tournament string.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't tried the zm62 that we bought together yet, the zm65 has been awesome. I will try Zm62 at 24lb next time when I change the string.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madcarrot2007 View Post
    I haven't tried the zm62 that we bought together yet, the zm65 has been awesome. I will try Zm62 at 24lb next time when I change the string.
    Save the ZM62 for feathers... too thin for plastic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only really remember Yonex in recent memory
    1. Yonex BG66UM more like BG66 YUM!
    2. Yonex BG65Ti
    3. Yonex BG80

I haven't really had BG80 strung at just the right tension, so it could become a favorite later down the road. BG65 is also a favorite of mine, strung the right way, but I haven't rediscovered that way yet.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only have 2 favourite BG 65 & 80

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LI NING NS95 against BG80 ?? I'm a current NS95 string at 27lbs. should i give BG80 a try? Does BG80 repulsion good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Zymax 62
    2) BG-66 Ultimax
    3) Zymax 65
    4) NBG-98
    5) BG-65

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged