Good websites to purchase badminton racquets and equipment from?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by HaruHaruQ, Jul 13, 2013.

1. HaruHaruQ

HaruHaruQ Regular Member

I'm looking to buy new badminton racquet and equipment seeing as I'm going to re-start badminton again, was wondering if anyone could recommend legitimate websites that provide good quality service and nice range of products? Possibly including a restring service upon ordering?

I was going to make a seperate thread regarding this but I'll pop it down below.

I'm looking to buy a new badminton racquet (possibly in the yonex range), my range is about £80 under and my preferences would be I am a hard hitter who loves to smash a lot but I do play control to provide range for smashes. I would like a nice balance in the racquet and I'm looking to have it re-strung to about 28lbs of tension.

Any answers greatly appreciated =)

Thanks
    Haru

2. LazyAsian

LazyAsian Regular Member

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I was gonna say that was an appropriately chosen username but it wasn't the topic starter :eek::D. Here is a whole thread full of online shops (and section about shops) -> http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-(Post-links-ONCE-only-No-discussions-please)
    That said, you will be hard pressed to find a modern higher end (i.e. "Made in Japan") Yonex for up to 80GBP even in Asia (even excluding shipping + string). It really isn't worth much these days with the current exchange rates ...

#3 demolidor, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  4. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    Welcome to BC. Sorry about your wallet. :D

You could get a victor meteor series second hand as mint on the buy and sell section sometimes. Those are a little HH and have varying stiffness so you can find what suits you. RKEP racquets seem to be popular and if you contact Eric directly I think an X60/70/80 inc delivery would be within your budget as long as you are willing to wait just under 2 weeks for delivery. Just search for the thread, all the relevant information is there.

You could also look at the Carlton vapour trail range as those are within you budget depending on the retailer you buy from in the UK. I love my VTE. It is pretty stiff and has a nice amount of head weight but it has a short shaft and a fairly large grip which may be off putting so you should try and hold one and if possible use it before buying. It takes a few sessions to get used to but I think it's worth it.

If you are willing to buy second hand your amount of choice increases a great deal for under £80 and I would recommend looking at buy and sell here.

If you can stretch to £100 you will find most good racquets are within your range and its down to you to find the specs you like. I personally bought a mint N90 on this forum inc delivery within that price a little while ago and I may choose to sell it to buy another racquet after I have reviewed this one as the specs are just slightly off my ideal specs and I know this is very common among member of this forum so you can often find good deals on the racquets and some people string themselves like myself and may offer a free restring or discounted restring with the racquet.

This is an example of how much prices can drop for second hand racquets even in good condition. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/129485-Carlton-Vapour-Trail-Elite-(UK)

My advice is to look around and read around the equipment and buy and sell forums of this forum and you will see there is a great deal more available to those who are prepared to do a little searching. Good luck with your search.

#4 TheNotoriousLIG, Jul 14, 2013
  5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

"Welcome to BC. Sorry about your wallet. :D"

[​IMG], should be on a tile [​IMG]

VTE came to mind indeed and with the latest colour update in this period there might be a good deal in the UK for the older version ...

6. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
  7. TheNotoriousLIG

Student
    I couldn't disagree more. Their customer service is awful as are their stringjobs. They are imo the worst badminton retailer I have ever bought equipment from and I would never consider buying from them again. There is plenty of stuff on the net and this forum about their atrocious business antics and dishonesty. They lost an MX80 I sent for warranty claim and after confirming receiving it they then claimed they never received it afterwards and refused to do anything at all and eventually stopped replying to my emails and accepting calls. Stay far away!

8. TheNotoriousLIG

Student

#8 TheNotoriousLIG, Jul 14, 2013