Info about SHB 89

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Morten, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Morten

Morten Regular Member

Hi, im going to buy a pair of SHB 89 and just wanted to know some info about this shoe. I have done a search but I did not get enough information from the threads.

-How is the weight compared to SHB 92 or other SHB shoes, is SHB a light 89 a light or heavy shoe?

-Do you feel a lot of contact with the floor when you´re wearing SHB 89 or do you feel like being inches over the floor?

-How is the absortment in the shoe when hitting the flor after a jump?

Thanks for your help

2. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

i myself don't own a pair of these shoes..however, from the people i've spoken to that do own then, many claim that the soles are not that that shock absorbing. I guess a clear solution would be to put an insole inside.

#2 yonexfanatic, Dec 12, 2003
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2003
  3. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

hi

i have the shb89 mx but becos of its novelty i bought it,... don't really liek it.. i find it stiff and cant really get used to it.. erm.. pretty light and gives u an edge for leaping but.. may not be as good when u sudden brake.. | Feel free to ask me any more qs if u have/... :)

4. michael_euro1

michael_euro1 Regular Member

I have owned the SHB 89 shoe for almost a year and i think they are fantastic. Before i bought these i had tried both Nike and Mizuno shoes and the SHB 89's win hands down. They are light, have good grip (although they do make a lot of noise) and good shock absorbtion. I have also found them to be extremely comfortable. I would definetly recommend these shoes.

Hope this helps you

5. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I had a pair of Yonex SHB 89s for about two months before switching to Mizunos Stratosphere 2003. Just like Michael_euros1, I find them pretty comfy and light at the beginning. Not counting growing pains of breaking-in the shoes, it was great and gave me lots of confidence in my footwork. And for awhile, it was the best shoe I have ever bought. I have never rolled my ankles in them and the sound produced from the traction was quite impressive IMO:D.

However, after awhile I begin to feel pain around the balls of my feet and my toes. Frequent vertical attempts from my increased footwork confidence exacerbated the pain. Finally decided upon Mizuno because of its excellent shock absorption, the pain ceased after the initial breaking-in period of the new shoes. However, I never did get back to the former high I have experienced with the 89s cuz the new shoes are really high (susceptible to rolled ankles) and heavier.