User Tag List

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icey_drone View Post
    Bodin's fault in my opinion

Why not fight in the streets of Thailand, instead of bringing it to a Canada Open final?

People fight all the time, fights happen everyday, but to do it infront of so many spectators, dignitaries and officials in the public... that's just stupid

Should've been able to control it

But then I don't know his whole life story, perhaps he went through a traumatic event in his life? Or maybe Jongjit is insulting him or bringing up that traumatic event? I don't think any of us would know, but in my eyes, he's still at fault

Worst thing is he did not recognise what he did was a mistake, he didnt apologise to Jongjit and made an excuse that he was provoked and emphasised being hit in the face by Jongjit's racquet. In the end, he was still pointing fingers and putting the blame on another person.
    Bodin sent Maneepong an apology through Line, but no response from him.

Read here

to me, maneepong not completely innocent.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Bodin Issara statement to Thai media and Thai people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiBTo4MdrTg

and a recording of a much longer, complete, live TV interview between the TV channel and Bodin, who appears to be still in Vancouver at the time...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgp6iDlcIF8

Any translation help from any kind souls will be greatly welcomed!

I think Bodin’s TV interview was already translated earlier in this thread. For Bodin’s statement to Thai people, it was his first message after the incident and was aired on TV:

“I am Bodin Issara. I have to apologize Thai people for the incident. This happened because I got hit by the racket at the ear until it ripped and bled. That made me lose my mind. I have to apologize all Thai people for defaming the nation and I solely admit all mistakes. I hope everything ends here. Thank you.”

At the time (July 22), there was just only a clip or two coming out. His manager later gave the correct sequence of happenings in the interview. (People in sport forum criticized that it's twofold shameful as Bodin obviously lied.)

On Maneepong side, a short interview was given to a CH3 tv reporter @Annanop
    who reported through Twitter (July 22):

- Maneepong said the problem started just when his side had got the first point and he cheered with loud voice. Bodin asked (in vulgar language) why he made loud noise.

- Bodin gave him ‘verbal middle finger’ and challenged for a fist fight after the match. Maneepong then gave back Bodin vmf one time which made Bodin mad and challenged him throughout the game for fist fighting.

- Maneepong said Bodin shouted to his coach to set up a boxing fighting after the match. However, between changing side, Bodin punched him according to the clip.

- Referee reviewed the video playback and let his pair win. They also called the police to deal with the situation.

Now it seems BAT asked them not to give any further interview. Tomorrow BAT will have a meeting regarding the punishment and it is likely that Bodin and Maneepong are to give press conference and they will shake hands!
    Last edited by Anatta; 07-26-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi jyeung.

The pictures are great. Just curious do you have higher resolution pictures? I assume you have taken them in RAW or a higher resolution that what is posted here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hi jyeung.

The pictures are great. Just curious do you have higher resolution pictures? I assume you have taken them in RAW or a higher resolution that what is posted here.
    Yes, I have high resolution jpg files, I don't shoot Raw on badminton tournaments because it takes too much time to pp for fast turnaround! And the jpg files that come out of the 1DX are fairly consistent in general, needing only minor adjustments!
    Last edited by jyeung; 07-26-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, just realized I'm in the wrong thread for this topic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Maneepong knew what he was doing. Just because he got pounded does not make him more innocent. He should be as contrite as Bodin when allowed to make his statement.
    I might have been sympathetic to Maneepong, at least right up until he started flicking his racquet eye-level at Bodin's head. In my opinion delivering a few open handed slaps a boot is light treatment for such cowardice.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wah!
    17 pages and going

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton - Badminton brawl player suspended - report

Thai shuttler Bodin Issara has been suspended by his club Granular until the end of the year for his on-court punch-up with former doubles partner Maneepong Jongjit during Sunday's Canada Open final, local media reported on Saturday.

Reuters 48 minutes ago

Trouble broke out in the tie between two Thai pairs after Maneepong and Nipitphon Puangpuapech bagged the first game. At the change of ends Maneepong hit Bodin with his racquet following a heated verbal exchange.

Bodin retaliated by chasing down Maneepong to a neighbouring court and rugby-tackled him to the ground before punching him several times, incurring a disqualification.

-----------------------------------
    Full article : http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/b...062702958.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maneepong released a post on his fb/instagram. Anyone who is friends/following him, can you translate? I don't think I can post the pic here because of privacy settings for fb.

Thanks!

Added Link: https://sphotos-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/h...65751119_n.jpg Not sure if viewable though.

http://instagram.com/p/cQzzMAAfb4/#

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAT bans Bodin from local and international tournaments for life and Maneepong 6 months. However, since both of them pleaded guilty and used to bring good reputation to the country, the punishment is reduced to 2 years and 3 months respectively.

BAT’s manager and coach, Mrs. Rungnapa Pintuwat and Mr. Siripong Siripul, are banned from leading team to international tournaments for 3 months while Mr. Jane Piyatat of Granular is banned for 6 months. There is no punishment for Granular club.

Bodin and Granular got more severe punishment because they are the party that started the brawl.
    Everybody concerned can appeal within 30 days. BAT will report to BWF about this decision soonest while it is expected that BWF will announce its punishment decision on August 2.

The ban will make Maneepong unable to compete in World Championship 2013 in China between August 5-11.

http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detai...tid=&subcatid=

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CantSmashThis View Post
    Maneepong released a post on his fb/instagram. Anyone who is friends/following him, can you translate? I don't think I can post the pic here because of privacy settings for fb.

Thanks!

Added Link: https://sphotos-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/h...65751119_n.jpg Not sure if viewable though.

http://instagram.com/p/cQzzMAAfb4/#
    "I, Maneepong Jongjit, would like to apologize to my country, Thai people, respected persons, and everybody in badminton circle involved because I took part in making a bad reputation to our country. I accepted charges from BAT and BWF. I also would like to say 'Thank you' to friends, brothers and sisters, and higher-ups that are so concerned in this matter."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did the two players apologise to each other?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    did the two players apologise to each other?
    After Prof. Charoen made a statement (skipped), Bodin and Maneepong shook hands before the press. Bodin said “I would like to apologize to A (Maneepong), the President, the Secretary and officials of BAT. I also apologize to all Thai people because I tarnished the country’s image.” While Maneepong said “I would like to apologize to Thai people and officials in badminton circle, BWF and Canadian Badminton Association. I took part in defaming the country.”

After the press conference, Maneepong walked towards Mrs. Yajai Issara, Bodin’s mother and made a ‘wai’ (pressing two palms together with a slight bow) making an apology. He then held Bodin’s daughter, Mini, and asked “How are you doing kid?” The reporter asked Manaeepong if Bodin is still his friend.

Maneepong paused a few seconds before answered “Yes. Now there is nothing under my mind. I forgave him. I only want him to answer questions truthfully. I haven’t talked with him personally but we communicate through the process.”

(Savitree’s news skipped)

http://www.sportclassic.in.th/%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%9B%E0%B 8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B1% E0%B8%99/%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AD-%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%AD%E0%B 8%94%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%AD% E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A9%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%99%E0%B9 %84%E0%B8%97/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anatta View Post
    "I, Maneepong Jongjit, would like to apologize to my country, Thai people, respected persons, and everybody in badminton circle involved because I took part in making a bad reputation to our country. I accepted charges from BAT and BWF. I also would like to say 'Thank you' to friends, brothers and sisters, and higher-ups that are so concerned in this matter."

He also wrote under the picture: #Sorry to make a late apology. #Hope it will end with justice and truth. #Today there is a press conference so I would like to make an apology at the same time.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thank you @Anatta for the information and the translation. I think I speak for many here, when I ask you to try and keep us abreast of any further news or developments in this topic, from your "sources" ( ) or the Thai media!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anatta View Post
    BAT bans Bodin from local and international tournaments for life and Maneepong 6 months. However, since both of them pleaded guilty and used to bring good reputation to the country, the punishment is reduced to 2 years and 3 months respectively.

BAT’s manager and coach, Mrs. Rungnapa Pintuwat and Mr. Siripong Siripul, are banned from leading team to international tournaments for 3 months while Mr. Jane Piyatat of Granular is banned for 6 months. There is no punishment for Granular club.

Bodin and Granular got more severe punishment because they are the party that started the brawl.
    Everybody concerned can appeal within 30 days. BAT will report to BWF about this decision soonest while it is expected that BWF will announce its punishment decision on August 2.

The ban will make Maneepong unable to compete in World Championship 2013 in China between August 5-11.

http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detai...tid=&subcatid=
    As i expected, BAT has banned Bodin for 2 years( Not more). Good decision. But have to hear BWF's version before commenting further.
    Last edited by scorpion1; 07-27-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 years compared to Maneepong's 3 months though. I think Maneepong should've gotten a bit more.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast