User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cappy75
    Hey Yipom,

Were you at Burnaby South last Saturday morning? I went there for the first time and was quite impressed with the facility. Lighting was alright but half side of the courts facing the morning sun gets the sun in the backcourts. Flooring is decent. Six courts going with three more possible if there's more drop-ins.

Unfortunately, there's not alot of good players there. Some of the players from the school team were there though, I would have left if not for them. Court rotations are not consistent cuz you could find newbie drop-ins hogging the courts playing singles since nobody bothered with them. They only get off when the guy in charge checks in. Even after he exasperatingly requested no singles and tried to get rotation going, nobody bothered since no-one wants to play with newbies. All two hours to play and all I got was 4 games to show for.

What they need is better organization... get a baddy club come in and rent the place for that time. But it's not possible as I understand that the school opens the baddy courts to the public only on Saturdays.

Even though it's within walking distance from my home, I don't think I will be going back there anytime soon. I would only head out there if I get a full set of players for doubles (seems that's what the good players did... they basically played among themselves), otherwise it's not really worth it.
    Sorry and very dissapointed to hear that, but since its still a (not as badminton popular) High school, there will be newbies there. Yea i think i did show up that day. Yea it basically is kinda like a Hang out place, so its always better to go with buddies, yea basical 1/3 of the people there were my buddies =p. Anyways sorry about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Yipom
    Sorry and very dissapointed to hear that, but since its still a (not as badminton popular) High school, there will be newbies there. Yea i think i did show up that day. Yea it basically is kinda like a Hang out place, so its always better to go with buddies, yea basical 1/3 of the people there were my buddies =p. Anyways sorry about that.
    South's kinda desserted. I've seen Langara players play there once or twice, but they dont go often. I used to go once in a while, but I kinda just got lazy. Right now I'm suffering from multiple injuries that might just end my badminton career. O well, it was a good 2 years
    say... who are you Yipom? Were you there say... 3 or 4 weeks ago?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go there almost Every week now ^^, jus to play, and to get out of the House. And most importantly, IMPROVE! really need help in that ^^"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Yipom,

No worries... I must have picked the wrong time of the year to drop-in. It's not too bad once you have buddies to play with, but lone drop-in is not very rewarding. But that doesn't take away the fact that it's a very decent facility. Anyway, thanks for pointing out the place.

Originally posted by Yipom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if BCIT is running badminton throughout summer/all year?

Has anyone gone there? how is it? average skill level?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's open for summer, yes, but pretty sparse. Bring your own group of 4 or more, is my suggestion.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    It's open for summer, yes, but pretty sparse. Bring your own group of 4 or more, is my suggestion.

-dave
    Is it really empty? It would to be packed during the summer when I used to go. When was the last time you checked it out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be on a Tuesday evening maybe 4 weeks ago

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well @ BCIT i usually go with my friends on Sundays from 9am-2pm for only $5 ^^! lol, anyways ... yeah its pretty empty there, last time I went there were 3 Empty courts, and one group left @ around 11 o'clock... I guess they're goin "Yum Cha" or somthing ^^"... and more started to leave after...so during the last hour or so theres only around 3 groups left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JChen99
    South's kinda desserted. I've seen Langara players play there once or twice, but they dont go often. I used to go once in a while, but I kinda just got lazy. Right now I'm suffering from multiple injuries that might just end my badminton career. O well, it was a good 2 years
    say... who are you Yipom? Were you there say... 3 or 4 weeks ago?
    Are langara team players very good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, they are very good.

My friend at the VRC says some of the best players around town come from that college.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tofu_boy
    Just reading Calvin's name brought back so many memories. Anyone here play at the VRC with some of the old original crew....Ong sisters (moira, elma), Billy Cheung, Morgan and Skyler Vanheukulum, Chu brothers (Toby and Casey), Silvesta Ng....etc.

Yes I have play with and or against them at the VRC....must be early 90's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 604badder
    Don't forget Bonsor in Burnaby. They are nice and organized, and limited numbers, so wait's kept short. 8 courts too!

M 9-12:30
    W 9am-12pm, 9-10pm
    Sun 9-11am, 8-10pm

$4.25
    they have eight courts but they sux. the gym floor is slippery even though u wear badminton shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tofu_boy
    Just reading Calvin's name brought back so many memories. Anyone here play at the VRC with some of the old original crew....Ong sisters (moira, elma), Billy Cheung, Morgan and Skyler Vanheukulum, Chu brothers (Toby and Casey), Silvesta Ng....etc.

WOW! i remember all of them! that was a long time ago!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile where can i play badminton in the surrey area?

hi guys, i just move to vancouver just last month, im base in surrey just wondering where could i go for drop ins? thanks!

lex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Surrey area drop-in

Quote Originally Posted by lexter_ang27
    hi guys, i just move to vancouver just last month, im base in surrey just wondering where could i go for drop ins? thanks!

lex
    If you're still around - looking for players who know what they're doing to drop-in at SunGod in N. Delta on Thurs: 8:00-10:45 and Sunday am 8:00-10:45

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thewils
    If you're still around - looking for players who know what they're doing to drop-in at SunGod in N. Delta on Thurs: 8:00-10:45 and Sunday am 8:00-10:45

could you tell me the directions going there and how much would it cost for the drop-ins? im coming from bear creek area in surrey. thanks!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast