User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    This can be a good or bad thing.
    Maybe Adidas will come to their senses and start pricing competitively like Victor or be stubborn and stick to Yonex pricing.
    It happened to Li Ning, IMHO... Still remember when Li Ning jumped into the market, their price tags were skyrocketing but after a few years, they are able to sell with more "buyer friendly" offers.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Lin Dan got the agreed to amount of "Ferraris for Comrades", now they can lower their prices.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I will never pay retail for a Li-Ning. So far I have not had a single urge or curiosity to even try one. I like my Victor rackets and loving my AdiPower Pro.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If... Just IF Viktor Axelsen uses his Adipower Pro and wins the coming WC2013, we can expect less people to complain about Adidas racket price

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    The Adidas range extends down the line, but my fear from my studies of the badminton market this year, is that it's predominantly (outside of China) driven by quite parochial 'me too' ism, with a big slab of the market very un-evolved and still caught up in basic idol worship to drive their purchasing behaviour.

I think sponsoring a lot of up-and-coming young players is a good way of getting new players and younger players away from the Yonex vernacular, but they seem to be relying too much on their global 'reputation' as a brand with traction in other sports to drive their overall brand acceptance in this new field of badminton.

Without looking at it too hard, I seem to think that they should've thrown a lot of cash at taking the Korean team away from Victor to cement themselves in the sport (much like LiNing did with China) but I'm not sure if that's part of their longer term strategy or even on their radar at all. Assuming it's even contractually and culturally possible.

At this stage as far as I can ascertain, Adidas has two things on their side - the younger cashed-up market, and those that are hungry for something new (or at least, are aspirational in terms of western brands and their perceived value system).
    Agreed. If Adidas is really all-in, then they should use their big pocket and try to do what Li-Ning did. Adidas is huge and they can easily outbid Victor, Yonex, or Li-Ning. The badminton market is big enough for Adidas to be in, but the question is whether they're willing to make the necessary investment to play ball.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly what specific prices are we complaining about here ? The prices I've seen are all pretty reasonable compared to the latest Yonex and local Victor prices ... In particular the midrange stuff is dirt cheap (the P800's & Co.). As for the top range, iirc the Adipower Tour was ~135 euro incl. ~20% tax so for all you non-EU lucky b*srtds that's ~$140USD even at this high euro rate (of 1.3USD:1EUR)

Also as stated before Adidas Badminton is not Adidas and their big pocket but run by a HK based licensee that also runs the Martial Arts line ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 07-24-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't looked at overseas prices, but local prices for the 'Pro' level models are the same as Yonex (think AUD220 each).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just comparing that $140USD to some rackets at our favorite HK stores it doesn't sound all that cheap anymore (pretty much on par once you factor in shipping as well) and the Tour is not even the top of the line price. But this is just based on the Adidas prices at that French store which is not exactly known to be cheap (not expecting prices to be [much] cheaper elsewhere though. Also this is hardly Li-Ning level)

Here is said French store and if you notice, the price for getting two or more is significantly cheaper compared to getting just the one http://badmania.fr/badminton-124-raquette-adidas.html
    Last edited by demolidor; 07-24-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I still don't understand why the Precisions are being labelled less head-heavy than the AdiPowers. They're much head-heavier than them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you get to see the bags? Did they have shoe compartments?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maklike Tier,
    sorry to dig this thread out.I know you have the victor mx60 as well. can you please do a comparison between AdiPower Tour and Victor MX 60? I played mx60 before but not sure to get a APT or not. thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah man, they'd be close in terms of feel, speed and playability I reckon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks. how about the shaft 7.2mm vs 7.0mm.? which one is stiffer or they are almost the same?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be a tad stiffer, I didn't do a back to back so I'm not sure. The Tour is a very playable racket though, so if you like the MX60 you'll like it, definitely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry is it the APT stiffer? Cheung mentioned in his review that it has noticeable vibration, did you feel the same way? thanks again.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah I didn't feel any bad vibration. The damping is fine - it's not like its a MX80 or anything where you feel every hit rattling your teeth.

Cheug also mentioned he'd like abut more weight in the head, but he should be trying the precisions for that - they're the head heavy ones.

I'm looking into treating myself a new racket (I certainly don't need any more) and the APT is the pick of the bunch from the Adidas range and I spent an entire evening trying them all. The APP is a stiffer and heavier overall Tour (nice but a bit too much for my ageing shoulder), and the Precisions are Adidas take on the Voltrics.

The AdiPower Tour is the pick of the bunch for me though. I was instantly at home with that thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2