Recommend me a racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by chaosrealm93, Jul 18, 2013.

1. chaosrealm93

chaosrealm93 New Member

Hey guys,

I'm a beginner, played a few games of doubles, don't play often. I'm looking for a new racket, my old one was made of steel and it was too heavy. My wrist was hurting by the end of the game. Here are the requirements:

- good balance
    - preferably 4U weight, lighter is better for me
    - 150 CAD and under
    - preferably yonex

I went to my local badminton store the other day and picked up the Voltric 7. Quite liked the feel of it. Haven't played with it yet though. Can anyone tell me if thats a good starter racket?

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if you can handle the swing weight, i think it's a great beginner's racket. but if you are serious about badminton and will be investing some money into badminton rackets later on, i would suggest you to get something from the yonex arcsaber line because it's a 3u racket, even balance. so it's not too heavy that it'll hurt your wrist, but it won't be too light either. and if you just get the basic yonex bg65 string and string it at 20-22lbs, you should be good to go. as you get use to the racket, you'll be able to string the string at a higher tension for more control. by then you'll also figure out whether you still want an even balance racket (another arcsaber) or a head light racket (nanospeed and nanoray), or a head heavy racket (armortec and voltric).

3. Fuhaifengfan

Fuhaifengfan Regular Member

normally, dont take an expensive racket if you're a beginner. maybe get a few apacs rackets. most of them are 4u and even balance. quite good looking too :)

4. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

I agree w/ gundamzaku, don't buy too light of a racket for beginner. Learn the basic strokes w/ a 3U even-balanced or headlight or a 4U, even balanced or slightly headheavy rackets if u are thinking u might get serious about badminton. Weight is not everything, it is the SWING WEIGHT that matters the most. If possible swing the racket you like in the store to get a feel.

Also, be careful not to get too stiff of a racket. You need to learn how to whip yr racket on the shuttlecock properly n it is much easier to whip a bamboo stick(a bit elastic) than a steel rod.

5. Smashing Max

Smashing Max New Member

onwer of Smashing Max
    Lining and kason also a good choices for balancing too ...
    The racket itself is light and good on smashing .. Heavy racket are more recommend on training..can try it out lining G-force or Kason Speedy p1 ..