V.Stiff or Stiff?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by K3lvin1004, Jul 19, 2013.

1. K3lvin1004

K3lvin1004 Regular Member

Stdent
    Dear all , I've been using Yonex ArcSaber 8dx for quite sometimes. It's fast on def and etc.. But i found out that i'm losing alot of power in term of smashes.

Izzit wise for me to change to some other racket with less stiff shaft?

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional

if you are trying to get more power and started to feel pain in your shoulder then maybe you're pushing too hard. but my first suggestion would be to learn the racket first, for a few months, get use to it, and change the way you smash a little bit and see if you can adjust to the racket. however long it takes you to get use to a racket, if by that time you still can't get more power or you feel pain in your body, then maybe it's time to change the racket since it's not giving you what you want. it's a very stiff racket and some people, like me, can't generate the power they use to with other rackets that are less stiff.

3. samir12

samir12 Regular Member

You need a faster swing speed and fast wrist action, this can be achieved by placing a cover on the head of your racket and do shadow swings. This will make your muscles in your arm more explosive and so you can gain more power on your swings. Be sure your technique is correct when doing the shadow swings.

You can change to a less stiff racket but the above way will improve your swing regardless of the racket.

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Which of your rackets offer you more power compared to 8dx? If you notice that there is a loss of power, what's your racket that give you more power?
    You should count in that an even balance racket like 8dx compared to a head heavy monster will give you less power. It's a trial and error journey to find the best suitable racket for your swing, abilities, liking and style of play.

5. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

8DX is quite a stiff even balanced (a bit HH) that is quite difficult to "whip". You are right in planning to change to a less stiff shaft, maybe try 5DX but it might be a bit hard to find.

6. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    I agree with this. The 8DX is stiff for an even balanced racket. To generate any smash you have to hit very very hard. If you like stiff rackets then a HH racket might be better but like previous posters have suggested that it's trial and error in choosing a racket. Maybe the FB might be better?

7. kareverycd

kareverycd New Member

You can change to a less stiff racket but the above way will improve your swing regardless of the racket.[​IMG]

8. K3lvin1004

Stdent
    Yeah.. i did used this racket for more than half year.. i dint felt pain on my body, just the problem of generating power through it..
    Besides that, i did tried RKEP 6000 (my friend's racket) which is medium flex shaft.. I don't like it.

9. K3lvin1004

Stdent
    I do agree fast wrist action can generate more power, but will it injured my wrist?

10. K3lvin1004

Stdent
    Well, I would say is Meteor X80 which gave more power compared to 8Dx.. but it's way to head heavy for me to handle as i felt tired after 1 or 2 rounds of game..

11. K3lvin1004

Stdent
    Thanks for the suggestion :) ... i will try and take a lot of 5 Dx
    On top of that, I was thinking of Arcsaber 11..

12. K3lvin1004

Stdent
    I got go through FB just now .. it's way too light.. i prefer 3 u racket :) .. thanks for suggesting

13. samir12

samir12 Regular Member

If you pronate then you wont injure your wrist, you can strengthen your wrist with various exercises to prevent any injury but doing shadow swings with a cover on the racket head can strengthen your wrist, just be careful not to over do it and rest your wrists.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Good advice re racket cover swings.

Re right stiffness, if you can't do a backhand clear from end to at least 3/4 court, then that is too stiff for you.

So Arc11 may be better choice for you.