Mizuno Wave Party 2!!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by dolbydog, Jul 22, 2013.

1. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

My second set of Wave Fangs along with Mizuno bag! Thanks to my brother from Hong Kong and Japanese freind. July222013 039.jpg July222013 082.jpg July222013 054.jpg

2. Casperwinde

Casperwinde Regular Member

Student
    nice shoes u got there. Mind to share your experience ? and what is the model ya?

3. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

I have posted about Wave Fangs before: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...Wave-Party!!?highlight=Mizuno+wave+papartying

I think they are the best for grip of all brands, light, but with some structure as opposed to Yonex F1. Still a very low profile toe box with little wiggle room. The XT 2 (Blue) is more flexible due to the mesh, while VS (Red) is a little stiffer out of the box.

I like the cleaner, larger, Japanese Mizuno Runbird logo. Some of the North American Mizuno and Asics designs aren't very clean and are overly complex.

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

5. Casperwinde

Student
    Is Mizuno Wave gate and wave fang the only series suitable for badminton?
    I was in a dilemma of getting mizuno wave gate or asics gel blade 3:crying:
    Thanks for all the pros.

6. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

Awesome find Demolidor!! You are always a great source! I think those colours are too pro for me. I was waiting on new ones so that I could get the old ones cheaper, but there were no more in my size.

The Wave Gate are one level down and don't have the Mizuno XG rubber grippiness. They will be fine if you play on rubber courts. The ones with the space between the Wave will have better cushioning.

I was disappointed in my Gel Blade 3. They were about $150 Cdn, heavy, and didn't really grip well. Great cushioning though!

7. Casperwinde

Student
    Thanks for all recommendations!~
    I've bought a wave gate SMU Red because i can't find wave fang in the shop and he recommend me this. The shoes was quite budget and it is mid cut. The cushioning and grippiness was not bad but need to get used to mid cut shoe i think :D

8. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

Aug42013 021.jpg Aug42013 024.jpg
    Here are the weights in size 25.5 cm, US Men 7.5.

9. oasis

oasis Regular Member

Is Mizuno Wave Lightning 2 suitable for badminton?
    how is it compared to Wave Fang?

10. Genghis

Genghis Regular Member

The wave lightning 2 are volleyball shoes. I have not worn this particular model but typically volleyball shoes have additional cushioning in the front portion to help absorb the impact on frequent jumps required in volleyball.

Some badminton players prefer this additional cushioning as badminton footwork also requires a player to be on the balls of their feet for the most part.

However, the volleyball shoes typically use a different material for the heel which I've personally found to have less traction than the material used in the front. I have had my heel slip out from under me on a number of occasions while wearing a pair of mizuno volleyball shoes. On one occasion, the slip caused me to tear a ligament in my ankle which ultimately required surgery to repair.

The wave fang series have the best grip of any badminton shoes that I've personally used. They are also very comfortable and did not require any break-in time like the Yonex, Victor and Li-Ning shoes I've used before. I'm currently using a pair of wave fang pro.

Again, I have not personally used the wave lightning 2 so please take the above only as my own experience with previous models.

11. oasis

oasis Regular Member

thanks for the review. am currently using the older version of the wave fang and am considering to try Wave lightning Rx2.
    Wonder if its suitable for badminton

002.jpg

12. Kelvin.luc

Kelvin.luc Regular Member

Full Time Student
    [MENTION=80092]oasis[/MENTION], Genghis has it summed up in his comment, however, if you are 170lbs and up, perhaps you could give it a go, but you run the risk of rolling your ankle, so I suggest for you to stick to the Mizuno Badminton Shoe range.

13. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

I would suggest you get the new Wave Fang RV if they are available. The Wave Lightning seem to have a similar overlay, but the heel is way higher. I find their volleyball shoes also have grey and other color patches on the soles for durability, not the best for grip.

14. soulfactory2002

soulfactory2002 New Member

got my mizuno wave fang rv last week....so far so good ;) very light and good traction. reminds of the new lebron 11 shoes in terms of design photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg

15. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

Well, my first pair of Wave Fangs stopped gripping on the dirty floors that I play on after about 3 months. They still work well if I wash the sole the night before playing. Also, they were harder and lower than I remember.

Your RV's look great! Let us know how they play? How much were they and where did you buy them? I was looking at getting cheaper Karakal or Dunlop on U.K. sites.

16. madcarrot2007

madcarrot2007 Regular Member

looks nice!

17. soulfactory2002

soulfactory2002 New Member

I got them from shuttle house. Unfortunately for me, they run out of stock so I have to wait for a number of weeks before they've received the new stock from Mizuno. But other than the delay, I was very happy with the shoes. If you are going to order from shuttle house, I suggest following up with them regularly and calling them via phone to facilitate the process ;)

18. Nyquist

Nyquist Regular Member

hi Guys,
    need some advice here, I intend to get a pair of mizuno from Shuttle-House.
    I am currently wearing a wave twister (size 27.5) good on court grip, but ball of sole, heel, ankle and knee beginning to hurt a bit (i am 80 kg and played 3 times a week).
    Qns given the above:
    1/ Wld upgrading to PRO or RV provide better cushioning (understand that an ankle / knee guard wld offer a more direct help, wld come to that later).
    2/ If yes, which is better PRO or RV (if i were to wear an ankle guard which cutting is better)
    3/ Any recommendation for knee guard ?

Thanks help

warm rgds
    Nyquist

19. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

The Wave Fang series are lower to the ground, fast and light shoes. In my opinion, they provide less cushioning than a Wave Twister. Perhaps look at some Asics Gel in the forefoot and heel. Yonex SC series too(?)

20. Nyquist

Nyquist Regular Member

Hi Dolby
    thanks vm advice