Why don't national teams use badminton floor mats?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by green_day, Jul 23, 2013.

1. green_day

green_day Regular Member

Neither the Malaysian nor Denmark national team use badminton floor mats at their national training center. Here is the training center for Denmark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfO2UCP-ejM

I know money isn't the issue for Malaysia and Denmark because it's obvious both national teams can easily afford 4 floor mats.

Is there some type of tactical/strategic advantage to not using floor mats? I'm thinking they want the training conditions to be a bit tougher so that when the players get to play on real mats at the tournament, they move a bit better.

However, isn't training on wooden floors harder on the legs and body? Why would they want to possibly injure the players or subject the players to more physical stress by making them play on wooden floors?

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

I don't know about Denmark but I'm pretty sure the Malaysians use floor mats at their national training centre. Have a look on Youtube, you'll find some videos there.

3. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    Denmark does too, but only when major events are coming up. When I was there for a training, there was mats :)

4. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
  5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Malaysian training centre do have their own green badminton floor mats though. But not all the court are equipped with it as they are sharing with national netball team's training ground.

6. aril79

aril79 Regular Member

it's not a question of a country can afford it or not...but it is all about saving players' ankles & knees. i believe every national teams have both parquet and taraflex flooring courts at their training ground, and each are used for different training routines. taraflex is too grippy, so it would be very dangerous to use in intense agility trainings. that is why we see parquet is in use most of the time