User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who is the male commentator on racquet channel for the 2013 world championship?

The guy loves to hear his own advice to the players , coaches etc.. it is like a bragging platform for him... phrases "like I said earlier" is just simply attention seeking. Comment on the game and don't call players name like that is stupid , I cannot understand why he keep using phrases like ," he should be doing this", " he should be playing to mid court" , those are not commentary . Viewers need would be better served if his voice injected more enthusiasm to the game instead of opinions. You don't hear football or even tennis commentators continuously giving out tactical advice like he was the coach... I was so fed up I turn off the volume ... but then I miss the sounds of the supporters and crisp sounds of well hit shots !

2. Likes volcom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy2009 View Post
    The guy loves to hear his own advice to the players , coaches etc.. it is like a bragging platform for him... phrases "like I said earlier" is just simply attention seeking. Comment on the game and don't call players name like that is stupid , I cannot understand why he keep using phrases like ," he should be doing this", " he should be playing to mid court" , those are not commentary . Viewers need would be better served if his voice injected more enthusiasm to the game instead of opinions. You don't hear football or even tennis commentators continuously giving out tactical advice like he was the coach... I was so fed up I turn off the volume ... but then I miss the sounds of the supporters and crisp sounds of well hit shots !
    he knows what he's talking about....he's former danish head coach steen pedersen....why r u being such a smartass? I find it very interesting and technical...and really..everything he said is right...look at the mens doubles matches when they employed the tactics he mentioned it worked

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here, he sounded eerily similar to the very biased Morten Frost it seemed like he knew it all....
    I recommend that he applies to be coach of LCW instead of TSB.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    Same here, he sounded eerily similar to the very biased Morten Frost it seemed like he knew it all....
    I recommend that he applies to be coach of LCW instead of TSB.
    Morten Frost WAS the coach that picked LCW to be selected into the national squad when he was national coach of Malaysia. Now you see, things you can learn from a commentator. Morten Frost is only biased towards Danish players but he gives every player credit. What do you expect man? I watch CCTV5 and the commentators are extremely biased....then again, I expected it. There is bound to be a little bit of bias support for their own countrymen, if not we should have commentators from Zimbabwe commentating in the finals or Americans.
    Last edited by **KZ**; 08-12-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the info KZ , well he maybe a great coach he is still a lousy sport commentator with a boring voice . He and maybe you are professional badminton players but some of us prefer to do our own thinking and have our own biased support for our teams Malaysia Boleh !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the info KZ , well he maybe a great coach he is still a lousy sport commentator with a boring voice . He and maybe you are professional badminton players but some of us prefer to do our own thinking and have our own biased support for our teams Malaysia Boleh !
    he's meant to be there as a colour commentator to provide information on the technical aspect of the game...gillian clark is still the commentator...she was a great player herself but then people like morten frost/steen pedersen and formerly wong choong hann were there to provide technical info on the game...and really...if you listen to what they say and what the coaches say in between the intervals...they are 80% right...it's amazing to me how these coaches think alike..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3