Yonex Arc Z Slash, Thoughts people :) ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jencon13, Jul 29, 2013.

1. jencon13

jencon13 Regular Member

Hey all, probs gonna purchase the arc z slash, just wanted to know what people who own the racket think :D, comments/queries/complaints etc. :D all information is welcome! thanks :)

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

3. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

still... one of the best Yonex racket up to this date. Some found durability issues on the frame under high tension (28+ lbs) and some complained about the smaller sweetspot since the head is smaller compared to the normal isometric size.
    I would say it's a niche, an amazing racket for certain people. it's either you love it or hate it.

4. EvoCopter

EvoCopter Regular Member

Technical Manager
    It's a very good racket. Smaller frame size than most, it'll take a match or two to get use to it's quicker swing speed initially. I have 2 of it 3U, well balance overall. Note that your usual string tension would need to be reduced by a pound or two to "feel" the same as your normal size frame racket.

5. Casperwinde

Casperwinde Regular Member

Student
    nice racket once u get used to it!~

6. pdfloveing

pdfloveing New Member

yes.it'll take a match or two to get use to it's quicker swing speed initially
    [​IMG]

7. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Agree on the string tension... I strung my Arc Z-Slash [MENTION=21402]25lbs[/MENTION] and it's comparable to other rackets strung @26lbs with the same string.

The Arc Z-Slash is not really even-balance as what I assumed before, the BP is actually in between 295-302mm which is a bit head-heavy. I measured the BP of the 3U yellow and 3U TH-edition, both were 296 and 298mm respectively while the 2U yellow was 302mm. It's just the smaller frame which makes the racket feels very fast.