Racket recommendation.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by isben, Jul 29, 2013.

1. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi all, I need recommendation for a new racket. Victor and Lining preferred.
    current raacket is the MX80 3U and past rackets to name a few would be the AT900P, NS9000X, NS9900, N90II, TC700 and N90II to name a few.

looking something similar to the BS10 or first gen BS LYD. these 2 together with the BS15 has the stiffness that I like but is too light and I could feel the pull on my shoulder when I smash.

hoping that someone could maybe compare the N90III or N80 to help me make a inform choice.

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Have you weight your BS10 and LYD on a scale?Victor has some weight bias. I know a guy on a german badminton forum who has 3 LYD with a weight difference of 5 g in the 3U range.
    As a BS10 User I had 3 BS10. One was at 85 gr(dry) and the other two at 88 gr(dry). I also had a MX80 which was label 3U but was in the 4U range.
    I think it's possible that you had some lighter version.
    Maybe it's an option for you to visit some stores and weight the rackets. Maybe 3 gr extra will suit you.
    Or you order from Eric and you can pick the heavier ones.
    Eric from RKEP had the XP, which has nearly the same aerodynamic frame design. You can selct your prefered weight and balance point.
    I never tried the RKEP racket, but alot guys here are very happy with them and the price is unbeatable.

3. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes have heaard aabout the weight issue regarding Victor rackets. As I have a relative who is going to Taipei which is the only reason why I'm leaning more towards the Brave swords.

I'm pretty lucky that out of the 5 MX80 I bought 4 have running serial numbers amd are basically siblings I guess and are all on spec.

will give the XP a look if not might have to get my relative to bring a weighting scale along to the shop.

4. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

ben, u can try out the RKEP XP60 with heavier dry weights/bp or have a go at the N80.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

XP60 is quite stiff, comparable to MX80. XP70 would be more similar to BS10 and LYD.

6. pdfloveing

pdfloveing New Member

agree.XP60 is quite stiff, comparable to MX80. XP70 would be more similar to BS10 and LYD.
    [​IMG]

7. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    noted, will read up on the rackets. will update if I buy anything new.

8. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have the n90, n50, and n80. n80 is the lightest of the three, but it's still yonex 3u head heavy feel, and i have a hard time playing well with something that heavy in doubles. singles i'm fine with n80, doubles i prefer something like a yonex nanoray 3u even balance like the nanoray300.