User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 19
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Gamma X6-FC or 602FC

    Hello,

    I am currently debating between two stringing machines, the Gamma X6-FC and the 602FC. Does anyone have any first hand experience or recommends one over the other? Machines in the similar price range that you would like to suggest as better choices are welcome!

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Gamma makes good machines, but if u buy from States, all other costs add up a lot, especially shipping fee, (cuz it's heavy) then, brokerage.....
    Yan. recommended this beauty for little more, free shipping, and better quality to me.
    http://www.vitalsports.ca/the-tennis...g-machine.html

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Indeed, Spinfire machines are a good choice in Canada. If you really want to choose between those two though, just take the one you can get cheaper because they are essentially the same machine.

    Or just come see me and I'll string your rackets

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Indeed, Spinfire machines are a good choice in Canada. If you really want to choose between those two though, just take the one you can get cheaper because they are essentially the same machine.

    Or just come see me and I'll string your rackets

    do we know each other?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Of course we do! Well kind of. We've played against each other and we have mutual friends in the circuit.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Of course we do! Well kind of. We've played against each other and we have mutual friends in the circuit.
    your name?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nevermind, i know who you are now hahaha. we played singles against each other at longueuil last year.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yup! Thats the place, I remember now.

    Anyways, if you need any other advice I'll be happy to help. I went to the process of buying and comparing machines multiple times and have come to know the brands and machines pretty well.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anthony, check your pm, I sent u a link, some1 selling machine for cheap, extra money for u to get the wise head, nice combo

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For $10 more, get the X6-FC...and put a wise on it later on.
    I'm sure you know who I am by now...lol.

    Chances are, it will come with the black Tennis clamps and not the nice universal clamps. So you'll have to factor in a new pair of 12mm fixed clamps for badminton.
    Last edited by Chow Mein; 08-01-2013 at 11:55 AM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Delta
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have the 602FC and it does a fine job, you can also get a wise on that machine as well. The black tennis clamps are fine for badminton string jobs because it will not affect the mains but during cross stringing you gotta move the mains around, but it shouldn't be a problem since you have already done the mains(4knots).

    I was wondering what is the difference between a X6-FC and a 602FC

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heroclass View Post
    I have the 602FC and it does a fine job, you can also get a wise on that machine as well. The black tennis clamps are fine for badminton string jobs because it will not affect the mains but during cross stringing you gotta move the mains around, but it shouldn't be a problem since you have already done the mains(4knots).

    I was wondering what is the difference between a X6-FC and a 602FC
    They are the same machine, except the X6 has an aluminium base and the 602 has a plastic base. The 602 looks better imo :P
    Last edited by yan.v; 08-01-2013 at 06:44 PM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Delta
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    They are the same machine, except the X? has an aluminium base and the 602 has a plastic base. The 602 looks better imo :P
    Yeeeeeeee ;D

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Markham, ON
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The aluminium one has a tool drawer design while the plastic 602 is a open tool bay design.

    Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    They are the same machine, except the X6 has an aluminium base and the 602 has a plastic base. The 602 looks better imo :P

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryC View Post
    The aluminium one has a tool drawer design while the plastic 602 is a open tool bay design.
    A drawer ? I believe X-Stringers have an open tool bay too. All the ones I've seen were like that anyways.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Markham, ON
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm when I was talking to the rep he told me these were the main differences between the two. He basically told me to get the regular 602 since having to open the drawer on the Xstringer can be a pain. I have only ever owned the 602 so I can't confirm about the Xstringer, I've browsed the manual though.

    Main thing is they are pretty much the same machine.



    Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    A drawer ? I believe X-Stringers have an open tool bay too. All the ones I've seen were like that anyways.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryC View Post
    Hmm when I was talking to the rep he told me these were the main differences between the two. He basically told me to get the regular 602 since having to open the drawer on the Xstringer can be a pain. I have only ever owned the 602 so I can't confirm about the Xstringer, I've browsed the manual though.

    Main thing is they are pretty much the same machine.
    Ah maybe newer models have that! Not sure if I'd like a drawer or not, maybe I'd like it with both :P. But I think you're right! Their web site mentions "Strong, light-weight aluminum extrusion base with built-in tool tray and drawer"

    My college bought a X-Es a couple years ago and it's pretty much the same except with an electronic tensionner, it has a small open area for the tools, no drawer. I know someone that had one too and I didnt notice a drawer!
    Last edited by yan.v; 08-04-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •