User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nil score and winning.

I am quite new in badminton sport. My query may be a little offbeat and funny but I want to know it.
    Supposing in a game of 21 point, is there a point where the opponent fails to get even 1 point and the other party get lots of point before reaching 21, the game will b won by the party getting the higher point without reaching 21.
    Supposing if our score is 0 to 18, will the party who fails to score even a single point continue to play till the other party gets 21. Some says if the score is 12 to 0 on a game of 21 points the player getting the point 12 will win the game. Thank you for your time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no rule for such a thing, no. The game goes to 21.

If someone wants to quit a match they certainly can withdraw.
    But if you ask me, a person should play the game out. Even if they are going to lose, they may learn something in the attempt.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no mercy rule in badminton. Who knows, maybe they will lucky and score a point.

The biggest deficit comeback I've seen is from 13 down and winning though. (Was at a junior level though)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiechong View Post
    I am quite new in badminton sport. My query may be a little offbeat and funny but I want to know it.
    Supposing in a game of 21 point, is there a point where the opponent fails to get even 1 point and the other party get lots of point before reaching 21, the game will b won by the party getting the higher point without reaching 21.
    Supposing if our score is 0 to 18, will the party who fails to score even a single point continue to play till the other party gets 21. Some says if the score is 12 to 0 on a game of 21 points the player getting the point 12 will win the game. Thank you for your time.
    This isn't a weird question at all - I have a regular partner who'll switch off if we're 20-15 down!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiechong View Post
    Your first half of the query is really weird. But for the second half, i don't think if there is any rule to make a player who have 12 points while his opponent is nil winning the match.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    This isn't a weird question at all - I have a regular partner who'll switch off if we're 20-15 down!
    what do you mean by "switch off" here.?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    what do you mean by "switch off" here.?
    Make no concentrated fight to get points and will give up the last point (and therefore game) very easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a game where is was 20-5 down, and stil won it bij 21-23.. always keep going. And i agree with Fidget, you can always learn even while you lose a game.