what the difference between demo and regular racket?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by JohnnyZeng, Aug 2, 2013.

1. JohnnyZeng

JohnnyZeng Regular Member

what the difference between demo and real racket? are demo racket's material weak/bad? or is it same material used in real rackets?

2. Genghis

Genghis Regular Member

Yonex rackets that are coded DEMO are typically pre-production rackets. As far as I know, they are of the same material and quality as the regular versions. However, I have met several vendors that insist that they are of higher quality because they are often given out to professional players.

I am not certain for the other brands but assume the same holds true as well.

3. JohnnyZeng

i got a victor demo but it does have any code in it and no descrption for the U and G

4. Genghis

Genghis Regular Member

When you purchased your racket, did the seller tell you that the racket was designated as DEMO from the factory or that it was just used as a demo by potential buyers?

If the latter, then the racket is just a regular racket expect for the wear and tear from use. The seller should have sold it to you at a discount compared to a new regular racket because of this.

5. JohnnyZeng

mistake from my previous post : i got a victor demo but it does"not" have any code in it and no descrption for the U and G

yea he told me it was a demo but i just want to make sure if victor demos have no code/and no descriptions. i thought i was a fake racket from the start.... but i got like $50 off and it was like the only racket in usa...

6. Genghis

Genghis Regular Member

Sounds like you got a good price on it. Hope you have fun using your racket.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    A demo has been used before by other people ;)