Video guide to every shot!!!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Steplantis, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Steplantis

Steplantis Regular Member

Broadcast Engineer
    I`ve been meaning to post this address for ages as I guessed many of you wouldn`t have had the chance to find this page. It`s a Japanese badminton page which has a collection of Java video clips of every shot you can imagine - clears, cuts, lobs, smashes, jump-smashes etc most of which feature the pros in slow-motion so you can watch and really see what`s happening with the shots they`re playing. The discussion about the position for the jump-smash helped jog my memory about this site.
    Although the sites in Japanese you`ll see a Video heading about half-way down the page and if you have time just work you`re way through the clips - you`ll work out which shot`s being shown I`m sure. And if you read Japanese it`s even easier!!

The address is www.asahi-net.or.jp/~zt8s-oon/badminton.htm

P.S The squiggly thingy " ~" should be higher up but Japanese keyboard can`t seem to do it???!

Happy viewing!

2. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

So thats the new URL, I had it bookmarked and thought the site went down. TY

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    not bad but BC has more hits :)

4. Sarah

Sarah Guest

help with badminton please!

hi,

i am a college student currently trying to complete a piece of coursework which involves analysis of a badminton player, identifying strengths and weaknessess. its too long to explain the whole project but i was wondering if there was any information you could give me on:

1. the components of fitness for badminton.
    2. correct way to play shots. (prefferably short serves, recieving short serves, long overhead clears, net play and the smash) any diagrams would be helpful too.
    3.the muscles used for individual shots.
    4. any coaching tips for each shots.
    5. any helpful websites.

if you can help me in any way i would be very grateful, if not then thankyou for looking anyway. please send this email to anyone who you know that could help me ( for free!)

Thankyou, Sarah.