User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't play well with the rackets when I first got them but I have used them a few more times and really started to like them. I really like the colours and I don't think the paint quality is any less than yonex or victor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another pic, It shows the string colour better

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  62.7 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, now I really cant wait to get it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmeatbag View Post
    Sorry for late reply. The paint job on the Yonex is noticably better. Other then that they both seem solid in construction.

Also when Yonex says the NR750 is headlight they really have to be kidding lol. I love only having one layer of grip just on top the wood handle too and for me with that setup the AVP is head heavy and the NR750 is slightly head heavy just to make sure if I didn't clarify it properly. The only thing I could think that would support that argument is that the Yonex has less material at the top of the racket which gives it a unique feel.

I wouldn't say that everyone who uses Apacs swears by them. I got the Apacs Nano 9900 and the thing absorbs ZERO shock lol. Absolutely terrible in that respect and lacks power completly. Definitely for someone with a crazy strong wrist. I also got the Apacs Perfect Blend which was a pretty solid racket. Kinda flexy though. Good all rounder.

The AVP is just in a different league when it comes to price/performance. If you like the slight head heavy rackets with medium stiff shaft there is zero chance you will not love this racket. The racket can compare to anything else at any price point in my opinion. Aside from the quality of the paint job though lol. Which looks nice but isn't that bad. I just totally notice the quality of the Yonex when I compare.
    You mean recent Yonex quality ? The paint on my old TI iso swing power was much more durable than what we are offered now.

It might be an exception, but my AVP survived a clash with an aluminum racket... No chips!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a 4u , slightly head heavy balance with medium stiff racket? How do it compared to tantrum200 actually? Finding something to replace my tantrum200 soon

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mendell View Post
    You mean recent Yonex quality ? The paint on my old TI iso swing power was much more durable than what we are offered now.

It might be an exception, but my AVP survived a clash with an aluminum racket... No chips!
    I just took a quick look at both and I take back my statement. I guess i was noticing that the decal work isn't as good on the AVP then the Nr750.

But if you can get a good clash without any chips then that's where it counts. I haven't clashed my rackets at all for a while.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the stiffness is very comparable to Yonex "stiff" rating or just a hair below. No idea on tantrum 200 though so apologies for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chongkiatz View Post
    This is a 4u , slightly head heavy balance with medium stiff racket? How do it compared to tantrum200 actually? Finding something to replace my tantrum200 soon
    If you can find Adidas Duoforce in Malaysia, that will be a great replacement. The Duoforce is faster in defence compared to Tantrum 200 and it doesn't lose much in attack.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adidas might be abit over price for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arg!! I have to wait 3 weeks for my racket to arrive! I want it now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yay! Only took a bit over a week for my AVP to arrive! Woot woot! So excited to go try it out but not having a game till Friday.

First impression: Feels solid. Definitely head heavy but swing speed is not slow.

I'll need a few sessions with it to get a better feel of the experience. Will be interesting to compare it with my current fav, the Tantrum 300.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clashed my racket pretty hard with my partner during my last session with this racket.. Surprisingly the racket still looks good as new

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the avp suitable for beginners? I play around 2hrs per week for 2yrs or so. Would it suit me? Or is it too advanced?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still getting used to it, only had it for 2 weeks but I think its quite suitable for beginners. Found it easy to use and clears very easily. But harder to generate power, when compared with the Tantrum 300 and Armor Muscle Pro 90, although this may be due to the overgrip I put on, making it less a head heavy balance. Very forgiving racket too, even with strings up to 27lbs (using Yonex BG80 power).

Quote Originally Posted by calyon View Post
    Is the avp suitable for beginners? I play around 2hrs per week for 2yrs or so. Would it suit me? Or is it too advanced?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum View Post
    I'm still getting used to it, only had it for 2 weeks but I think its quite suitable for beginners. Found it easy to use and clears very easily. But harder to generate power, when compared with the Tantrum 300 and Armor Muscle Pro 90, although this may be due to the overgrip I put on, making it less a head heavy balance. Very forgiving racket too, even with strings up to 27lbs (using Yonex BG80 power).
    Agree, it is flexi and should be very beginner friendly, the head heaviness will also add some power. I find this is my goto racket after a session of tiring/wearing out/killing my arms with the vt80 or zforce.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flexi? A VT80 with all that weight in the head will be easier to flex than an AVP with its even balance and aero frame.

Almost any racket will be OK for a beginner if he/she practices long enough with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mendell View Post
    Flexi? A VT80 with all that weight in the head will be easier to flex than an AVP with its even balance and aero frame.

Almost any racket will be OK for a beginner if he/she practices long enough with it
    Yes but the vt80 is heavier (3u) and headheavier, requiring much more strength and effort.
    Not sure about even balance for the avp .. certainly not as headheavy as vt80, but it does feel more headheavy to me than tantrum 300

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast