User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you have the 4U version? I racket states it is 87g (+-2g), making it 3U. And my smashes are booming more and more each day! Hawk, which version do you have?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Winston View Post
    Wow, you have the 4U version? I racket states it is 87g (+-2g), making it 3U. And my smashes are booming more and more each day! Hawk, which version do you have?
    Does it say 4U on your racket? I've received mine last week and its 87g +/-2g but it shows 4U...

Anyways, to my surprise the racket arrived last week. I had it strung with Zymax 62 @ 23 pounds. I didn't want to jump on here making conclusions before I've had some considerable playing time with it. It's the lightest racket that I've played so far which makes it a lot quicker especially playing the front in doubles. I find that its a solid all-around racket but what makes it work for me is the flex. Both of my other rackets are stiff so I find that I swing much harder to get the performance out of the racket. Not sure how much of a difference the flex rating is from mid-stiff to stiff in an Apacs racket but I can definitely feel the difference in weight and flexibility.

I'm slowly getting a better feel for the racket since I'm able to get away with a much smoother swing with the results that I'm looking for. I also have a bunch of Zymax 62,65,67, and 70 to mess around with @ different tensions.

On another note, I know that Robert Blair uses this racket but I believe that Ruud Bosch from the Netherlands also plays with the Virtuoso Performance...(To the left is Ruud Bosch holding the Virtuoso Performance and Koen Ridder with the Virtuoso Pro Gold) I noticed this during their Sudirman Cup highlights against the Canadians. Can someone confirm or are my eyes playing tricks on me??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya mine is also 4U 87g+-2g, but it sure feels much lighter than my 3U apacs rackets (stated as 88-90g)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, I thought 87g (+-2) is 3U... mine doesnt state it's 4U. Can anyone explainfurther whats goin on here?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eckonovember View Post
    Does it say 4U on your racket? I've received mine last week and its 87g +/-2g but it shows 4U...

Anyways, to my surprise the racket arrived last week. I had it strung with Zymax 62 @ 23 pounds. I didn't want to jump on here making conclusions before I've had some considerable playing time with it. It's the lightest racket that I've played so far which makes it a lot quicker especially playing the front in doubles. I find that its a solid all-around racket but what makes it work for me is the flex. Both of my other rackets are stiff so I find that I swing much harder to get the performance out of the racket. Not sure how much of a difference the flex rating is from mid-stiff to stiff in an Apacs racket but I can definitely feel the difference in weight and flexibility.

I'm slowly getting a better feel for the racket since I'm able to get away with a much smoother swing with the results that I'm looking for. I also have a bunch of Zymax 62,65,67, and 70 to mess around with @ different tensions.

On another note, I know that Robert Blair uses this racket but I believe that Ruud Bosch from the Netherlands also plays with the Virtuoso Performance...(To the left is Ruud Bosch holding the Virtuoso Performance and Koen Ridder with the Virtuoso Pro Gold) I noticed this during their Sudirman Cup highlights against the Canadians. Can someone confirm or are my eyes playing tricks on me??
    They did use it yes but have now switched to yet another brand, X-TRM. As independant players I suppose they have to grab the $$$ wherever they can to hang on until Rio. Blair is indeed using it now after still wielding his ARC10 during the Sudirman. Kinda funny that Blair switched to this and Ridder to the Pro when both coming off the ARC10 ...

Just looking at some recent pics and looks like Ridder is still using that Apacs racket, Bosch back to using his VT80 ...

Another pro players racket update is due I suppose with the Japan Open/post WC revealing the new Yonex racket and some new sponsorships here and there. Will post an update in that thread soon (also mentioned Bosch/Ridder were using these in that thread )
    Last edited by demolidor; 09-20-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, which part of the racket states it's 4U?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a sticker on mine
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I checked mine... its written 4U too... but what I dont really understand is why 87(+-2g) is considered 4U? Is it just the way Apacs rate their rackets? At 87g, it is not light. It is average, just like all other 3U rackets. The quickness you guys feel could be a placeboo effect caused by the sticker, or the racket is superbly designed. And with a 295mm bp point, its not exactly head light too.....
    Last edited by Mark Winston; 09-23-2013 at 04:02 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm comparing it to my L70 and T300 which nooooooooooo also has. Compared to those two rackets, this racket is considerably lighter and swings a lot faster...I personally don't find that the racket feels head heavy...if at all. I'm actually considering taking off the stock grip to make it more head heavy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that this racket swings fast, it is one aerodynamic racket. That was the first thing I felt, and that was the thing that made me mishit shots when I started using this racket. And as we know, taking weight off the grip doesnt change the swing weight. But let us all know how it turns out after you remove the stock grip...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any further review on this racket? I thinking of getting one for myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This racket is holding up really well for me...! Love this racket to bits! At RM199 in Malaysia, its a steal! Go get one, its one heck of a racket!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i checked this out a couple weeks ago btw...and i thought i already posted here but i must've forgotten lol. great feel, fast action, feels good in hand, looks durable too . price sounds about right. it says it can hold upto 38lbs and i don't doubt that .
    what tension is yours at? did you also order/get an apacs kitbag/string/grip or just the avp?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This racket is holding up really well for me...! Love this racket to bits! At RM199 in Malaysia, its a steal! Go get one, its one heck of a racket!
    rm199, where to buy? thinking of getting 1 more....i bought mine at kl at rm230..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I strung mine at 26lbs with the ES5 Pro... BG66 Ultimax is my go to string and it works wonderful on the AVP. I just got the AVP, too many bags at home... lol! Nict_26, i bought mine in USJ Supercourts...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was almost tempted to get this shiny new racket a couple days ago!! my storeguy said he had them shipped over specifically on request by some advanced tourney players... i think ill stick to going with Lethal 12/Finapi 8 till i get used to them before moving up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine snapped off at the end of the handle during attempting smash.. I'll upload pictures later

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast