User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am surprised people are claiming that the AVP has a head-heavy balance. Directbadminton.co.uk measure all there rackets independently and designate it headlight at 295mm exactly; comparable to the Nanoray series. I have ordered two myself and really looking forward to use them. The only downside is that I will have to wait a few weeks for them to arrive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the rackets feel mid balanced to me, the only downside is they are a little stiff for my taste. If anyone wants one or a pair I could be persuaded to part with them because I have loads of rackets at the moment.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by allyjack110 View Post
    I am surprised people are claiming that the AVP has a head-heavy balance. Directbadminton.co.uk measure all there rackets independently and designate it headlight at 295mm exactly; comparable to the Nanoray series. I have ordered two myself and really looking forward to use them. The only downside is that I will have to wait a few weeks for them to arrive.
    I own it and it does feel slightly head heavy with 295mm bp. This is with double grip. I took off the original grip and put some yonex stuff on there at its 305mm BP last I checked now. I have the nanoray 750 and for comparison and both with single grip the Nanoray is noticably more headlight then the AVP. Or in other words AVP with double grip = Nanoray 750 with single grip making them both slightly head heavy. Nanoray with double grips feels like it is slightly headlight.

But yea good overall racket with a powerful smash. I'm going to sell off my other rackets as there is no need for them. If the AVP breaks it's very cheap to replace as well.
    Last edited by Magicmeatbag; 07-08-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nooooooooooo View Post
    Broke off right at the bottom of the shaft where the handle cone sits
    Same with me. I just bought it 2 weeks ago. It was broken when i make a back hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hieu1988 View Post
    Same with me. I just bought it 2 weeks ago. It was broken when i make a back hand.
    I did sent the broken racket back to Sportshorizon in M'laysia and managed to get a new one sent back
    Now I have strung it at 28lb with NBG98 and the smashes are amazing. Hopefully it doesn't break on me again ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmeatbag View Post
    I own it and it does feel slightly head heavy with 295mm bp. This is with double grip. I took off the original grip and put some yonex stuff on there at its 305mm BP last I checked now. I have the nanoray 750 and for comparison and both with single grip the Nanoray is noticably more headlight then the AVP. Or in other words AVP with double grip = Nanoray 750 with single grip making them both slightly head heavy. Nanoray with double grips feels like it is slightly headlight.

But yea good overall racket with a powerful smash. I'm going to sell off my other rackets as there is no need for them. If the AVP breaks it's very cheap to replace as well.

I prefer the feel of a thin grip so I will use a single layer of Super-grap with a 50% overlap (like LCW). It's interesting that you use the NR 750 as a comparison since Yonex rate it as there second-most headlight racket. I should receive my rackets in the mail very shortly. I have never owned an APACS racket but everyone who owns one seems to swear by them. I have always used Ashaway rackets in the past but I felt it was time for a change. How does the build-quality of the AVP compare to NR 750, one of Yonexes top models?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yonex voltric 7 or AVP, which is better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apacs virtuoso performance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be getting one next month! So excited. Been a while since I've gotten a new racket. Will be interesting to compare it with my other Apacs rackets. (i use the Tantrum 300, Armor Muscle Pro 90 and Lethal 100)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent! Its my go to racket. I have three of them and like them better than my tantrum 200s.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8