racket broke, options?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by keitocorp, Aug 8, 2013.

1. keitocorp

keitocorp Regular Member

Last tuesday i broke my racket, which was a sad moment as I've played with it for quite a few years. I had a Nanospeed 8000, a head light, extra stiff racket (if im not mistaken).

today i was browsing if i could buy it again or its bigger brother (9000/9900) somewhere but unfortunately the whole nanospeed series is pretty much out of commision now and is replaced with the nanoray.

I looked at the "stats" what racket seems similar and i think the NR800 would be similar but i'd like to have some advice from others. Im not that into rackets that much, at least, i haven't been up to date with all the new changes.

My question is, can anyone recommend some options i could look at which would be similar to my NS8000?
    I don't care about the price at the moment, i just like to know whats out there that is similar.

thanks in advance.

Keito

(p.s. i sting my racket at 25lb)

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

From what I have read on the forums I don't think people liked the nanoray series as much as the nanospeed series but I think most were comparing to the nanospeed 9900. I can't speak from personal experience as I don't like head light racquets personally. Maybe read through the nanoray 800 thread or you can wait for the new z speed that comes out soon.

3. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

As you already said, the NR800, the NS9000 or 9900 are your best choices. If you could try one of those rackets or even better, all those rackets before buying, you could end up saving cash in the end since we're talking about top dollars for top rackets...

You could always browse the used market in search for a nice deal.

4. viqlinker

viqlinker New Member

You could always browse the used market in search for a nice deal.think so [​IMG]

5. keitocorp

keitocorp Regular Member

Thx for the replies. the used market in my country is bad, couldnt find any decent racket at all. its not a very popular sport.
    I will try out as many rackets as i can before buying. i dont want to buy something i end up regretting.

I did play with a 9900 a few times which felt similar but even that racket i cant buy anywhere anymore.

I'll take a look at the z-speed serie you mentioned, sometimes its better to wait :)

does anyone else have some comparisons to other brands perhaps? like carlton, victor, some asian brands?

6. decoy

decoy Regular Member

For victor the bravesword line would probably be the closest they have to headlight racquets.

7. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

NS9900 is highly recommended, for me it is not a head-light as what is written on its shaft. To me, it feels like more even-balanced instead. Feels easier to generate powerful shots compared to the NR800. It's just too bad that Yonex stopped the production of NS9900 but I think you can still buy it online from Asian online stores.

8. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    www.badminton.net or www.badmintonalley.com still has the 9000 and 9900 for sale just FYI.

also, most HK stores still carries them as well :)

9. keitocorp

keitocorp Regular Member

Thx for the info, i'll keep these sites in mind! though they're a bit more expansive than in my country, i pay roughly 180 US$ for a racket like the NS9900.

Thanks for all the info, i've found a NS8000 in a local store now so im very happy i could still find one :) maybe i'll buy a 9900 for when i break my 8k again ^^

cheers!

10. mannygk

mannygk Regular Member

student
    Dude mybadmintonstore is the obvious choice! Their service is great and, more importantly, they still have the NS9900 and NS8000 in stock. I love the NS9900 but it's starting to become an endangered species :p

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/index.php?cPath=25_26_69