Recommend a racket for a mostly defensive player

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ctzeh, Aug 9, 2013.

1. ctzeh

ctzeh Regular Member

Teacher
    Dear all, pls recommend me a racket or give me some opinions about the type of racket I should use based on my playing style.

I am a mostly defensive player who likes playing at the net so I need a racket that can both give precise net shots and clear to the back court when needed.

From the backcourt, I either try for drop shots or clear to the back court if my opponent is near the front. I will smash only if there is a very clear opening and the shuttle is near the net which is about only two or three times a game.

The opponents I face are good at drop shots while another has a powerful smash so I need a racket that can help to return smashes more consistently when I get my racket there on time.

I am currently using Apacs Edgesaber 10 strung at 24 lbs. It is an even balanced racket with medium flex. I am looking for a racket not costing more than S$100.

Thanks for all replies.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    arcsaber 002
    voltric 9

3. amleto

amleto Regular Member

so compared to the edgesaber, what do you want more of (speed, control?), and what are you willing to sacrifice to obtain what you want (power, manoeuvrability?)

4. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Atomic hex 7