1996ish Cab 20 Power. Tension?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by jay_curtis001, Aug 9, 2013.

1. jay_curtis001

jay_curtis001 Regular Member

Hi All,

As mentioned, I have an old Carbonex 20 Power which I bought years ago, but barely used as I stopped playing shortly after.

After almost 20 years I'm playing again and wondering what the maximum stringing tension would be on this racquet. It doesn't mention it on the cone.

I do have several new racquets which I use and generally string at 26 to 28 (prefer BG80 and 85).

Currently, the Cab20P is at 22 with BG 65 as I didn't want to stress the frame. It feels like I'm hitting the shuttle with a dead fish! I'd like to find a way to make this racquet feel somewhat closer to my newer racquets.

Any suggestions?

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You can go up to 30lbs with BG65. If the racquet hasn't been used for many years, I suggest going to 25lbs first and then on smaller incremental step up according to your preference. This would let the frame get used to holding higher tensions in a stepwise progress.

Also factor in the stringing machine and experience of the stringer if you want to go higher than 25lbs.

Cab20power (should be blue colour) is a very strong racquet.

3. jay_curtis001

jay_curtis001 Regular Member

Thanks very much!!!!!

Sorry for such a late reply. Went on vacation after I wrote the post and only returned today!