Discussion on selective strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Biondi, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Biondi

Biondi Regular Member

Student
    Okay, so i heard a lot.. What would you rate and think about these strings at 24lbs ?

Bg66UM
    Bg80P
    Zm62
    Zm65
    Ap62+

Durability, Repulsion wise.. Cost prices too :D

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Ehm.:confused: Are you kidding? Compare strings at a special tension is absolutely useless. I think that you want to cloud the question "Which string should I get?".
    You don't need to spend a fortune to answer the question by your own.
    Mod, please delete this thread. Otherwise I open a single thread for every possible tension with several strings. This is pretty useless as hell.

3. Biondi

Biondi Regular Member

Student
    im a junior player and i dont have access to cash that readily and i wont want spend unnecessarily. from what i know, there are some strings that should be at a low tension if the gauge is rather small.
    im pretty sure there is no need for such usage of words.
    for other users out there, im sorry if i ever posed a nuisance to anyone.
    thanks.

4. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

i can help you with this only VERY slightly because i have the stringing done on different racquets at times, its just a general observation for myself.

24-25 lbs is a very nice tension for these thinner strings

BG66 UM : i was always slightly irritated at this string for several reasons. above 27 Lbs, or close to 27 Lbs, one nears the "elastic" limit of the string, the string bed feels dead to me. on the other hand, using it at 23-24lbs, i felt that it went soft too fast, it no longer feels as crisp and responsive in just a matter of a couple of weeks. i generally string it around 25-26 these days, and although it slackens a little, its still usable. i've strung bg66um probably over 20 times already.

BG80P : i had it once at 25lbs and once at 26lbs, i was highly disappointed by the tension loss which occurred rather quickly, after which the string bed was almost like a squishy trampoline. nevertheless you might want advice from others on this as my two accounts of using it doesnt reflect the general opinion. if you string it at 24 it will probably go down to 22 or lower in a span of some play.

ZM62 : i have five racquets strung with this at the moment. the first gen string i had was rather interesting, it was almost not elastic at all! under advice from others i had most of my racquets strung in the range of 23x25, 24x26, which gave me a really tight string bed that was quite responsive, but a little hard/wooden board like feel if you hit very hard. i wouldnt advice going to higher tensions with it, it doesnt lose tension that much either. 24 lbs could be a good choice

ZM65 : only two racquets (identical) strung with ZM65 at the moment, the AT700 gen2 that i play with. very nice string, really good power, but doesnt have the crisp punch of thinner strings. its a strange string that i felt to have "improved" over time.. or maybe my stencilling had made the string bed more rigid.

AP62+ : strung it twice only, extremely good repulsion! i used it at 23 lbs and 25lbs. at 25lbs, it felt really nice and crunchy on my at900t.

each string has its pro and cons and its own range of tension where it feels right to you. if you want power and a bouncy string bed, zm65 will be nice at 24lbs. if you want the repulsive crunchy feel, then you will have to go for thinner strings i.e. 0.62 type, or bg66um at a slightly higher tension

5. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    On a scale of 1 to 'search function' I'd rate these strings as search for 30 seconds before opening such a thread.

6. decoy

decoy Regular Member

IME I would always go for zymax 65 over the bg 66 UM just because of the tension loss in the bg66UM also if you don't have a lot of money to throw around I would say skip the zm62 as well because it is VERY easy to break. Haven't tried the others

7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Excuse me, for my harsh sound. I don't want to be rude, but your question seemed to be that somebody is trolling.
    Anyway, the costs will differ. There a so much factors, that it's impossible to rate this.
    - Are you hitting the sweet spot constant
    - Do you pay labour
    - Availability in region
    et cetera

IMO all these strings have their good and bad sides. These sides can be very personally because of liking.
    If you don't know which strings suits you best, we will never be able to find it for you!
    You need to try all this strings and some more. :) Well, if you don't have money to spend, you can change between the string when your string broke. You can adjust tension.
    Disregarding everyone wrote here, you can only try strings and tension and keep it if you are justified. There is sadly no other way.

Peace

8. Biondi

Biondi Regular Member

Student
    Thanks everyone for your replies, i had strung my racquet with the Zymax 65 and I'm impressed with it :)

9. abbstars

abbstars New Member

i've strung bg66um probably over 20 times already.thank you [​IMG]