User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default weights

u know those weights that go around ur ankle and once u take them off, ur speed increases. does it really helps or works?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes.......... but for a short period..... so yeah, i'll rather stay with good foot work... those weigths just give you a slightly better jumping hight and a faster dash, and if your wearing them for like a long period they help you gain some leg muscles....... if i was you i won't waste my money on those weight...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone tried wearing those weights everyday without taking them off? even during training and normal days, then suddenly take them off
    i think u will feel super light if u tried wearing the weights for months

*disclaimer: i have nv tried this sort of training before*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're probably very likely to injure yourself if you keep weights on all the time, and if you don't you'll probably injure yourself after you take them off because you're not used to moving without them anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Put them on hip.

Quote Originally Posted by bad-min-ton
    u know those weights that go around ur ankle and once u take them off, ur speed increases. does it really helps or works?
    If you are going to use ankle weights, put them around your hips. I personally think that if you add weight to the end of your leg, you will change the mechanics of your movement and could cause further injury.

I would recommend putting the weights together and strap them to your hip so that you are carying more weight closer to your center of mass where you can control the weight better.

Also if you place the weight on your ankle, you are not developing your Quads that much, where if you place them around your hip, you are putting more weight above the quads and then making them stronger. I know some companies make a Weight Vest to help this idea.

I would rather suggest making specific technique training and specific strength/cardio training.

Take care,

Toddster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toddster
    If you are going to use ankle weights, put them around your hips. I personally think that if you add weight to the end of your leg, you will change the mechanics of your movement and could cause further injury.

I would recommend putting the weights together and strap them to your hip so that you are carying more weight closer to your center of mass where you can control the weight better.

Also if you place the weight on your ankle, you are not developing your Quads that much, where if you place them around your hip, you are putting more weight above the quads and then making them stronger. I know some companies make a Weight Vest to help this idea.

I would rather suggest making specific technique training and specific strength/cardio training.

Take care,

Toddster
    thanks but i don't think i have enough weights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok,how bout hand weight.Saw some at the shop...any benfit of wearing it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just took 2 of my 15lb ankle weights and was able to make a belt to strap around my waist. So that's 30 lbs of extra weight . I'm going to be walking around with 30 extra pounds from now on, and i'll post anything cool or bad that happens to me if i notice anything cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobber
    ok,how bout hand weight.Saw some at the shop...any benfit of wearing it?
    i think thats jus a bad Idea for Badminton.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yipom
    i think thats jus a bad Idea for Badminton.......
    hey Yipom !! how do u know!?!? u never seen me played and i don't even know u

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey Yipom !! how do u know!?!? u never seen me played and i don't even know u
    what..... i didn't imply Anything to you, im jus saying that Wraist Weights are a bad Idea... unless u DO play with them...

From what i know Ankle weights will eventually screw up ur leg tendents and same goes for wraist weights

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can say with experience that wearing those ankle weights are a bad idea. I bought a pair early this year and walked around them for two weeks straight. Finally stopped using them cuz I was getting acute pain on my knees. Wearing them on your wrists is even worse as it'll totally screw up your swing and touch. You want power? Focus on technique.

If you want to weigh yourself down for training purposes, get a weight vest. I heard that Ardy Wiranata wears a training vest for morning practice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default weights

I would not recommend ankle weights and would rather go for total body weight training. Ankle weights have minimal benefit for the simple reason that your leg muscles - - the calves, quads and hamstrings are one of the most powerful muscles in the body and need heavy weights to develop, which these 5-15 lbs pound ankle weights simply fail to provide. Ankle weights should just be a complementary exercise to weight training, it should not be the primary source of leg strengthening.

For lower body strength, I would recommend squats, leg presses, leg extensions, ankle raises, etc. - - in short, gym work. Get proper training first though, to avoid injury.

RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that plays badminton pm me ~_^
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if 5-15 lbs is not enough and ineffective, try goku's 1 ton..it will make you a lot faster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried those weights and I've found that my speed increases only slightly. they eventually hurt you knees but if you wear them all day and then you take them off, you feel as if you are flying I do not reccomend them though, If you need to jump higher I suggest air alert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odjn
    i just took 2 of my 15lb ankle weights
    15lb ankle weights

I used to fill my rucksack with my dumbbell weights and wear it when I walked the dogs. That was about 50lb. The motive was weight loss rather than strength gain though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Ricky Sauders said, go for an acutal body work out instead. But only do low resistance with high reps.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast