User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Possible crack on Forza 9000 vs?

Hi chaps, just received my new 9000 VS and found a small bulge/bump on the 12 o'clock position. What do you guys think; is it just a manufacturing defect? Maybe it's just poor finishing where the excess material wasn't shaved off or could it be a crack?

I haven't even played it yet, don't want to jeopardize the warranty if it proved to be a crack.

Name:  IMAG0553_1.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  28.1 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not a crack, my other brands have that too, maybe it's part of the molding process. look like a strong racquet, woven with Ti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dsmbooster View Post
    it's not a crack, my other brands have that too, maybe it's part of the molding process. look like a strong racquet, woven with Ti.
    Yea, none of my other rackets have this sort of bump between the middle grommets so i was not aware that it's usual. I think your right dsmbooster it's probably some residue from the molding. The racket should be quite rigid and strong or that's what Forza advertises. It feels pretty solid - i'll post some thoughts once i've played a couple of matches with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's just to show where the middle of the frame is, nothing structurally wrong with it. Usually it's just a reference for the stringer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, what everyone else has said, the vast majority on the FZ rackets have this particularly in the Kevlar range.. enjoy the racket! (the Kevlar rackets are usually built like tanks)