Possible crack on Forza 9000 vs?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by kukkojas, Aug 14, 2013.

1. kukkojas

kukkojas Regular Member

Hi chaps, just received my new 9000 VS and found a small bulge/bump on the 12 o'clock position. What do you guys think; is it just a manufacturing defect? Maybe it's just poor finishing where the excess material wasn't shaved off or could it be a crack?

I haven't even played it yet, don't want to jeopardize the warranty if it proved to be a crack.

IMAG0553_1.jpg

2. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    it's not a crack, my other brands have that too, maybe it's part of the molding process. look like a strong racquet, woven with Ti.

3. kukkojas

kukkojas Regular Member

Yea, none of my other rackets have this sort of bump between the middle grommets so i was not aware that it's usual. I think your right dsmbooster it's probably some residue from the molding. The racket should be quite rigid and strong or that's what Forza advertises. It feels pretty solid - i'll post some thoughts once i've played a couple of matches with it.

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

That's just to show where the middle of the frame is, nothing structurally wrong with it. Usually it's just a reference for the stringer.

5. Badderz_Alpha

Badderz_Alpha Regular Member

Yes, what everyone else has said, the vast majority on the FZ rackets have this particularly in the Kevlar range.. enjoy the racket! (the Kevlar rackets are usually built like tanks)