Missing Grommet after Restringing

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by SHIFT, Aug 16, 2013.

1. SHIFT

SHIFT New Member

Hi everyone,

I went to "Browns" here in Toronto and had my badminton racquet restrung from factory strings. When I got home I noticed that one of the grommets was missing at the top of the head (being redundant). In short, I paid $30 for the restring (BG 65 and 23lbs tension), called Browns complained and was told there's nothing they can do. That if the strings break then they will replace it and not charge me labor.

Pretty peeved at the fact that they messed up and I have to dish out more $ for replacement string if the new one breaks.

Has anyone had similar experience at Browns?

I'm going to find out tonight if the strings hold. But I feel that the strings will have a shorter life span now. :mad:

Attached Files:

2. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

That's a ridiculous amount of money to pay to string BG65.
    Anyway stay away from stores like this especially Sportscheck cause they probably have part time kids stringing your racket.
    You have so many options in GTA since there are so many clubs around.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    looks like the grommet is still there, but just a bit short. so you still get some protection.

while Brown should really have replaced it, as any reputable stringer would, it doesn't seem to be structural.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Can you show the view of the grommet from the top?

5. SHIFT

SHIFT New Member

I agree, I went in understanding that they charge more than most places. I was reading on here on places to go and Browns came up a lot as a good place to get my racquet strung.

Kwun, you're right it could be worse. Its not horrible but then again I expected more from racquet store.

I'm still finding my "go to" place for my badminton needs. My search continues... I will update my adventures.

6. SHIFT

SHIFT New Member

Cheung, Kwun had it right. Its just a short grommet, looks like it was cut down to the level of the racquet.

7. Limited328

Limited328 Regular Member

MaxSports is a decent place to go to. If i'm not mistaken they sponsor the KC badminton club in Toronto for all their string jobs.
    They are located at Kennedy and Steeles (Splendid China) across from Pacific Mall.

8. latethank

latethank New Member

Its just a short grommet, looks like it was cut down to the level of the racquet.[​IMG]

9. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    there shouldnt be any big problem as the string is facing downwards and did not have contact with the frame. it will be if this happened at other parts of the racket....especial 10 oclock..where the string will cut into the frame...

10. silvestre351

silvestre351 Regular Member

Civil Eng. / Amateur stringer
    Hello
    Probably this situation doesnt exist at this time, but this thread may be used as future reference.
    That situation is not serious. As it wouldnt be serious if happened at 3 or 6 o'clock. At 10 o'clock you should have cut the string imediately because it could damage the frame.
    The string looks it is not contacting the frame, so no big deal.
    But the stringer should have replaced the grommet.