help with voltric 70

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Aeonstorm, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Aeonstorm

Aeonstorm New Member

hi,

my racket broke recently and I made the mistake of rushing into buying a racket without doing some proper research. I bought a head heavy voltric 70 racket without realising that I couldn't really handle it. it made me incredibly sluggish during games as I couldn't swing fast enough compared to previously where my racket was more even balanced. I had been trying to sell off the racket but failed so far, so I figured I might as well train and get used to it. any tips on training to be more suitable for a head heavy racket? it feels extremely unwieldy.

thanks

2. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    What was your other racquet post the specifications?, mmmm for head heavy I strengthened my wrist with dumb bells doing curls it helped for me

3. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

VT 70 is a nice racket (not too demanding spec-wise), and it shouldn't be too hard to get used to it. You could also use cheap training rackets to build more strength as well as do the arm-chair exercises as suggested by Paul Stewart (badminton-coach).

4. pengxfun

pengxfun New Member

right,could also use cheap training rackets to build more strength as well as do it[​IMG]

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    the voltric70 was my first voltric and i still play with it once in a while. while it is head heavy balance, it is one of the lighter HH balance racket. and while the shaft might feel stiff, it's nowhere near the stiffness of a victor superwave35. even for an advance beginner it's a very nice racket to have and it allows you a lot of improvement and is very hard for a player to outperform this racket.

my suggestion, like what everyone had mentioned here is to work on your stroke/swing. i do agree that there are exercises you can do at the gym regarding resistence/strength training, it's also good to just do hitting exercise. as long as you have the correct form, go out and hit, if you think you can't hit clears from baseline to baseline, then find someone who is willing to stick with hitting clears for a few minutes longer. then drop shots, thenother shots that you want to improve on.

the reason why i say this is that i used to workout a lot in college, so i sorta know how to get stronger. but when i was trying to get stronger with my backhand, weights only help so much, but as soon as i bite the bullet and started just hitting a lot of backhand clears, i can see bits of improvement over a span of 3 months. i guess what i'm trying to say is that from personal experience there is not other training better than the actual hitting and swinging with the racket you have. :)