User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Regular Member diverdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Where has this thread gone? "Yonex shuttlecock comparison AS30, 40, 50"

    Was wondering where this thread has disappeared to?

    Yonex shuttlecock comparison AS30, 40, 50

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...5&goto=newpost

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MY/SG
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Removed...
    But can continue to chat in this thread.

    AS30 durability has been reduce a lot especially for speed 3.
    The consistency is totally out. Worse than some cheaper brand shuttlecock.

  3. #3
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,067
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    if people keep on trying to sell stuff in threads then those threads will be deleted. thanks.

  4. #4
    Regular Member diverdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    if people keep on trying to sell stuff in threads then those threads will be deleted. thanks.
    I must have missed that post! :0

    Shame we were getting our teeth into the expensive Yonex feather shuttles and how it equates to quality.

  5. #5
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,508
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    i've only been seriously playing since around 2008, since then, i have noticed that as30 is consistent with it's quality of flight and longevity of the feathers and cork. i played with as50 this past wkend and the consistency level is extended for an extra game compared to as30 and aeroplane black label.

    i haven't used as30 in a while so i don't know if it's best bang for the buck anymore, the quality is still better than the level of games i and my friends would play at, so we just stick to the black label.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MY/SG
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    i've only been seriously playing since around 2008, since then, i have noticed that as30 is consistent with it's quality of flight and longevity of the feathers and cork. i played with as50 this past wkend and the consistency level is extended for an extra game compared to as30 and aeroplane black label.

    i haven't used as30 in a while so i don't know if it's best bang for the buck anymore, the quality is still better than the level of games i and my friends would play at, so we just stick to the black label.

    AS50 price is much higher than AS30.
    The fleet standard is better than AS30 as well as the durability.
    But shuttlecock always have quality issue on different batch, haven't not seen once that the quality can be same for one whole year... I would say batch by batch quality is different.

  7. #7
    Regular Member diverdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ralph_lee View Post
    AS50 price is much higher than AS30.
    The fleet standard is better than AS30 as well as the durability.
    But shuttlecock always have quality issue on different batch, haven't not seen once that the quality can be same for one whole year... I would say batch by batch quality is different.
    Then, if this is the case, the price of each batch should change according to quality? I have used loads of different shuttles and the AS30's are not very good in terms of durability when compared eith other brands of the dame price.. AS40's are a bit better but the cost is prohibitive for general club play.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MY/SG
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
    Then, if this is the case, the price of each batch should change according to quality? I have used loads of different shuttles and the AS30's are not very good in terms of durability when compared eith other brands of the dame price.. AS40's are a bit better but the cost is prohibitive for general club play.
    Diverdan,
    This is so called business.
    They use all the excuses to raise the price, like feather shortage and etc.
    But when the feather is not shortage, they also not reducing the price.

  9. #9
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,508
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ralph_lee View Post
    Diverdan,
    This is so called business.
    They use all the excuses to raise the price, like feather shortage and etc.
    But when the feather is not shortage, they also not reducing the price.
    so you're saying that there isn't a shortage of feathers? because my local badminton store person is claiming that this is the reason why the shuttle pricing is going higher and higher

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MY/SG
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    so you're saying that there isn't a shortage of feathers? because my local badminton store person is claiming that this is the reason why the shuttle pricing is going higher and higher
    They really have shortage of feathers recently due to the bird flu issues.
    I mean maybe a year later, the bird flu is no longer there but the price normally won't come down

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MY/SG
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sports items tax are differ in every countries.
    Like in SG, the rackets price are pretty ok but not the accessories like shuttlecocks and strings.
    Therefore many SG people come over to JB to buy those.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MY/SG
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FYI, the Yonex shuttlecock price is reduce and no increment from Yonex/Sunrise.
    SG/MY buyer should be able to pay the old price still

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In my country, those AS50 are too expensive. Nobody buys them or you must have won a big jar of gold

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •