Ankle/foot injury.

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Dennisgu90, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Dennisgu90

Dennisgu90 Regular Member

IT Service Desk
    Hello all badminton friends!

I have been having a huge issue with my left foot under 5-6 weeks now and I have been to physiotherapist that is saying that is nothing wrong with me. The only thing that I need is new insoles she was referring that I got something called "valgus sprain" which I dont think I have. Been trying to google the problem with "valgus sprain" But I only get like vallux valgus which I really dont think I have my foot is pretty straight and especially on my big toe.

The start of my issues.

I got vacation and I was playing football with my friends and I did not got the best shoes beause football shoes never really absorb very good if you compare to other shoes and my shoes were thin so that I can run fast but my foot were aching after the game and at the end of our playing i was starting to limp or I just could not support my left foot with running.

After the football which I played for maybe 3-4 hours i was really sore in my foot and I could almost not stand on the foot. But after some days of rest it was okay to walk but I dont really tried to run more than on the football. I got a feeling in my foot that I could not really deliver my foot, there was something wrong with my foot and it was more my leg that was dragging my foot than running in a full motion.

I was going to run with my friend in a terrain and I have been on concerts for 3-4 days the last weeks so my foot was okay but I was still feeling that my foot could not do the things I wanted it to do.

But back to the terrain I was running and in the beginning I was feeling that something was wrong. That feeling of draggning my foot was still there and instead of listening to my body I started to turn up the pace and when i was going up from a hill and then down again I felt that the foot was just surrendering to me. I could not support my foot anymore and since that I have not been able to run with my foot and I have been using crutches the first days and I also was doing a x-ray on the foot but there was no fractures in the foot.

--

So what kind of injury could this be? Worth to notice is that I have flat feet and I have been having the same issue with my right foot.

If I would make guess of what it is I would probably say that I got a stress fracture because this have been a problem that gradually been more worse.

-

My physiotherapist said that she cannot see any problems with me playing the next weekend when we start our new season of badminton this saturday.

But I am very doubtful that I can play at all, I tried this saturday to do some rapid moves as you do on a badminton court and tried to force my left foot to get with my moves.

After one move where I really wanted to push away my left foot the foot sort of freezed and I got a rapid ache in foot.

--

So what do you guys think it is? Because as I said before I think it is a stress fracture because I cant really put any pressure on my foot and if I do it really hurts.

The hurting is more in the inner ankle area and not outer which is the most common injury when you hurt your ankle. I have been having this problem in my right foot before and after some resting and not playing for a while the injury got better, but it took time for it was fully recovered.

--

Do you guys have any knowledge of what this can be?

Warm regards,

Dennis.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

If you have flat feet, it sounds like overpronation. Orthotics should help.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Drop foot producing the dragging sensation?

That wouldn't explain the pain though.

4. Dennisgu90

IT Service Desk
  5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

The problem has not been well described.
    The words foot, leg, ankle have been used. Also drag and surrender.

Description must be more precise for us to make suggestions. (Which we should not, of course, since we have no ability to examine...... but if the price is right.... :rolleyes:)

6. Dennisgu90

IT Service Desk
    I know what the problem is now. The problem is called "Posterior Tibial Tendon". And it seems that I need to take ibruprofen for 10 days and... hopefully it will at least be somehow better for my foot.

7. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    There definately is an issue of some sort with the calf here or the shin especially with the fact your foot is dropping so get someone to work on the shin and calf muscles aswell as around the ankle and foot.

My guess is if you can get the right person to work on these areas, your problem will go away. Sounds like its inflammed more so than a stress fracture. The muscles to lift the foot is mainly the tibialis anterior at the front end of the shin but he can also be affected by muscles deep in the calf (posterior Tibialis)

Stretch the calf and shin up and down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj2r4VtyRD4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KwkJONrAPc