User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default new here ^^

hey, anyone know any good place to play around downtown area? i live nearby st. patrick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by setaa
    hey, anyone know any good place to play around downtown area? i live nearby st. patrick
    Do you wish to play at a drop in or an actual club/team? Competitive play or simply recreational?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play badminton at the George Brown College downtown campus (Jarvis and King). It is a feather bird only club. Sessions are on Tuesdays and thursdays from 7-10pm and on sundays from 4-8pm. Group training/lessons are available too on sundays from 1pm-4pm (don't know when they will start again though).

4 hardwood courts.

6 month membership is $140 (october - march). Guest is $7. Bring your own feather birds (they sell tubes for $20).

I also live near St. Patrick. Send me a PM if you're interested in coming. I'll be going there tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbella122
    Do you wish to play at a drop in or an actual club/team? Competitive play or simply recreational?
    just recreational for now, need to refreshen my badminton experience while killing time ;p

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie
    I play badminton at the George Brown College downtown campus (Jarvis and King). It is a feather bird only club. Sessions are on Tuesdays and thursdays from 7-10pm and on sundays from 4-8pm. Group training/lessons are available too on sundays from 1pm-4pm (don't know when they will start again though).

4 hardwood courts.

6 month membership is $140 (october - march). Guest is $7. Bring your own feather birds (they sell tubes for $20).

I also live near St. Patrick. Send me a PM if you're interested in coming. I'll be going there tomorrow.
    ah thanks alot for the info, but i left my racquet back home in indo ^^;; so i still have to purchase one here and i'm pretty much broke till next month ;p
    thanks for the offer anyway, i really appriciate it. i'll go check that place out whenever i'm set

o yea, am i supposed to wear badminton shoes while playing? or do clubs here accept players with a pair of running shoes?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o yea, am i supposed to wear badminton shoes while playing? or do clubs here accept players with a pair of running shoes?
    You can wear runners at George Brown and in general many of the clubs that uses schools/community centres for their facilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Parkdale CI team

Quote Originally Posted by sac_man
    hi Guys !
    I used to play for Parkdale CI, back then we would play other high schools , and it was a lot of fun, we had a coach her name was Ms. Hayes ( didn't remember her first name ).

I was just wondering if any of the readers from Toronto, ever play my former team, there was one very good girl single player, Jennifer Chow, she was very sweet gal.

Now, I live in Northern California, I wish I could visit all my team mates
    ( jennifer, derrick (HK), Chris Limas, Ann, kenneth) and play again in Toronto.

BTW, I was a single player.
    Hello fellow Parkdaleian??

I was also on the Parkdale team, I think it was 84' or 85' it's been so long. Back then I played singles and mixed doubles. You were gone by then. Our team didn't get very far and we were up against much stronger schools, ie. Harbord, Jarvis...I think I recall a Jennifer but I can't picture her face.

I've just started getting back into the game since high school with my vintage Yonex Cab-15 and this is my first posting. My name is Harry...what's your name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matty Eckler C.C. was mentioned 2 years ago, here's more information:

South Eastish Toronto, nearest subway station is Pape.

3 Courts

953 Gerrard St E

(416) 392-0750

Sundays
    12PM~2PM
    $2.50
    This is the adult dropin program, but they don't care if kids go. Pay downstairs at 12PM and then go upstairs to the gym. Court change every 15 minutes, there has been less than 10 people there for the past 5 weeks so it's not necessary.

Saturdays
    3:30PM~5:30PM (call to confirm)
    FREE
    This is the youth dropin program, but they don't care if adults go.

Thursdays
    6:00PM~8:00PM (call to confirm!)
    Not sure about cost
    Haven't been to this program for 3 years. No details availble.

Eastview C.C.

South Eastish Toronto

86 Blake Street, m4j 3c9

3 Courts

Saturdays
    9:30AM~3:00PM
    $2 Admission. Membership availble.
    This place is usually packed, with half adult/senior players and half teenager/young adults. People's skill levels are pretty good.
    Put your tunnie in the bin outside the gym to start. No one calls court change, honor system?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Parkdale forever...

Quote Originally Posted by dogpile
    Hello fellow Parkdaleian??

I was also on the Parkdale team, I think it was 84' or 85' it's been so long. Back then I played singles and mixed doubles. You were gone by then. Our team didn't get very far and we were up against much stronger schools, ie. Harbord, Jarvis...I think I recall a Jennifer but I can't picture her face.

I've just started getting back into the game since high school with my vintage Yonex Cab-15 and this is my first posting. My name is Harry...what's your name?
    Harry... Harry...
    I once knew a Harry
    who didn't know who to marry
    so 20 years later he picked up his birdie
    only to find out it wasn't as sturdy

ha ha ha

It's me... Deckard... Parkdale badminton MVP 86.

Just how many girlfriends did you have at Parkdale? Stay away from my future girlfriend...

But seriously, the badminton coach, Mrs. Hayes (I think) was a wonderfully supportive person who taught English. Despite having an average season, she always reminded us to have fun and sportsmanship is more important than winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where in woodbridge any contact info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi torontonians! I'll be in t.o. in late dec 2009 (noticed this thread was reallly old!); I just wanted to know if anyone new of any clubs in the mid-town/down-town areas open for drop-in during the holidays. If so, i'll bring my racquets! Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do they still sell feather shuttles there?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie View Post

4 hardwood courts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Agincourt Open Badminton Centre

Opening now!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5