User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I saw a Cab20 Muscle for sale at Tension 24, Glen Waverley about a year ago. It hada retail sticker of $229 but I managed to bargin the racket down to $179. I didn't buy it because the owner wouldn't replace the string on it to BG66 without charging extra. (they have crappy string on it).

Chances are they still have that racket laying around. People tend to buy Muscle Power rackets nowadays and skip Cabs.

So it will still work out to be more expensive than buying from overseas, but at least you'll be getting an AS version with full Yonex Aust. warrantee coverage.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Excuse me but why would you want a muscle power raquet if the cab20 as so good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cheung
    Excuse me but why would you want a muscle power raquet if the cab20 as so good?
    Because.... 1. Muscle Power Technology makes very good sense and I believe it
    works.

2. The Cab20 is regarded as one of the best racquets ever by many
    veterans like me, with a very good combination of power, feel &
    control.

3. Yonex has introduced Muscle Power technology to the Cab 20, while
    maintaining all its existing strengths and characteristics....then
    wouldn't it be a no brainer to get the Cab20 MP since I'm looking for
    the closest MP technology replacement racquet for the original
    Cab20???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Fusion_M8
    Because.... 1. Muscle Power Technology makes very good sense and I believe it
    works.

2. The Cab20 is regarded as one of the best racquets ever by many
    veterans like me, with a very good combination of power, feel &
    control.

3. Yonex has introduced Muscle Power technology to the Cab 20, while
    maintaining all its existing strengths and characteristics....then
    wouldn't it be a no brainer to get the Cab20 MP since I'm looking for
    the closest MP technology replacement racquet for the original
    Cab20???
    I agree with most of ur ideas, but have to say, 2 good things might not be a good couple. It's like I like biking, and I also like my car. But if I put my car engine on the bike, it might be way too powerful to handle, and means just a piece of crap.

I own a cab20ms (2U) before, and borrowed my friend's cab20 (2U, old version) for some drills. I have to say, these 2 rackets feel very different. Of course, this might also have something to do with grip size, string, tension, etc. But I think the difference is still very significant. I can't say which one is better or worse, but just say, different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not knocking Muscle Power rackets (I own 3) but the only benefit I have experienced with these is the string holds tension a wee bit better than a standard frame over time.

I don't mind the Cab20 Muscle but as Lazybuddy's mentioned, it plays very differently from standard Cab20. Cab20 Muscle feels like a slightly whippier and head heavier Cab23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with ayl

but also i think that is the strong point of the cab20mp. i used to played with the cab20, i found that adjusting to the cab20mp was easy, but minor errors crept in.

overall i think getting a cab20mp to replace the cab20 makes perfect since, that is to me. I would also suggest to others as well, great racket for cheap.

The best thing i think about the cab20mp is that the head does not vibrate or resonate when a shuttle is hit.

cab20mp all the wayyyyyyyyyyyy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm totally aware of what you guys are pointing out here, and a big thank you for all the inputs. Even if I were to get another Cab20 now, it will play differently to the one I had. Believe what you want, but I know that no 2 racquets are exactly the same... What I was hoping to achieve was to find a racquet with SIMILAR characteristics but with a MP frame... and so far I have had recommendations for me to get MP33, MP99, Cab20MP etc.... all claiming to have the closest performance charactersitics to the original Cab20.

Currently I am using a Carlton PowerFlo TT900 with the original Carlton strings strung at about 20Lbs and it offers 90% of the feel and performance of my 2UG3 Cab 20 strung with BG65 @ 18Lbs.

I believe that good and experienced players like those of you who have contributed to this thread are able to adapt and adjust to the varied playing conditions and the different performance characteristics that each racquet in your arsenal offers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by LazyBuddy
    I agree with most of ur ideas, but have to say, 2 good things might not be a good couple. It's like I like biking, and I also like my car. But if I put my car engine on the bike, it might be way too powerful to handle, and means just a piece of crap.

I own a cab20ms (2U) before, and borrowed my friend's cab20 (2U, old version) for some drills. I have to say, these 2 rackets feel very different. Of course, this might also have something to do with grip size, string, tension, etc. But I think the difference is still very significant. I can't say which one is better or worse, but just say, different.

I see your point, but I'm sure the Cab20 with MP technology on it IS a good thing, and nowhere near as dramatic as fitting a Ford 5.4L DOHC V8 on your Specialized or Giant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Fusion_M8
    I see your point, but I'm sure the Cab20 with MP technology on it IS a good thing, and nowhere near as dramatic as fitting a Ford 5.4L DOHC V8 on your Specialized or Giant.

It wouldn't fit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2