Pro's Pro TX-500N problem

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by georgecamilleri, Aug 26, 2013.

1. georgecamilleri

georgecamilleri Regular Member

Software/Database developer
    Hi, I have been using this machine for a few years now. Last week, while tightening the cross string on an old racquet @ 24lbs, the string suddenly snapped. I started again and the string snapped again immediately, and I also noticed that the tension head made a strange noise just before stopping tightening.

I decided to test the machine using an Eagnas calibration tool, and found out the machine was tightening at ~40lbs instead of 24! I tried to adjust the calibration, but it is not making any difference. When the tension value knob is turned down all the way, the machine pulls at 32lbs! :(

Any tips how (whether?) I can fix this issue?

George

2. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

There should be a manual that comes with the machine to show you how to adjust the tensioner head. I believe the Pro Pro is similar to the Eagnas machine so if you can find a member on BC that has an Eagnas, perhaps they can take a picture of the manual and share with you the instructions.

3. georgecamilleri

Hi, I have frequently had to adjust the calibration using one of the two 'holes' just under the display. This time however, there seems nothing I can do to get it to use the correct tension.

Update: This evening I tried again using the tension calibration tool, starting from the lowest setting (around 15lbs), at which the machine worked well. I then set it at 20lbs, and again it worked well. I then set it at 25lbs, and the actual tension went up to 42lbs! It seems that the machine is not always getting the correct value according to the setting on the knob.

4. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

There may be a number of factors that could be causing the tensioner to be broken. Perhaps the spring? This is where the vendor should be contacted as they are the experts on their product.

5. georgecamilleri

Can anybody let me know where I can contact the suppliers around Europe? I've already contacted a UK supplier, who informed me that, as the machine is a bit old, it might not be repaired, and that I would be looking at a repair charge of around £100.

I'm also looking at the Wise 2086 head, which would cost me around €600 (including the drop weight adaptor plate). I know that the Wise would be a major upgrade, but would it be worth the extra cost?

6. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

I would say better to ditch the crank and go with the wise.

You would get better quality in the string jobs and you won't have to fork out money to fix a tensioner which was probably built poorly to begin with (sorry, but I am not a big fan of Eagnas/Pro Pro). Quality is severely lacking as you are experiencing now.

7. georgecamilleri

It is actually an electronic pull machine.

8. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

OH! My mistake! Then you need to speak with the vendor.