Colour of your racket impact on your game?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kingskawn, Aug 26, 2013.

1. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

In my search to a new racket I find all sorts of colours from normal to the most flashy colours there is.

In your opinion does the colour of the racket degrade your game as the opponent sees it better than it was like black or grey? :rolleyes:

I found an Apacs Virtuoso Performance but the colors is like fire. It's almost an attraction when on the court with it...

2. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

Doesn't affect me as my eyesight is not good and I can't see their rackets that clearly.

3. yuki onitsura

yuki onitsura Regular Member

High school English teacher
    Interesting question. I doubt it'd make a huge difference since you should be watching the shuttle and not the player anyway.

4. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

Yes I know you should be watching the shuttle but when the opponent gets at the net to drop you'll better see the handling of the racket no?

5. Hayden.ostrom9

Hayden.ostrom9 Regular Member

Coffee shop
    I find especially what color of strings and how my racquet is gripped affects how I play. Once I get into the game though, I dont notice unless I become conscious of it. I'm really picky with what strings I use and how I grip my racquets for that reason!

6. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

Hayden, I don't mean if the combination of colours of your equipment affects your gameplay but if the choice of colours of your racket or grip or strings or... can be seen more easily if it would be a flashy colour. Let's say that your opponent would see you better, see your attacking movement faster and can anticipate on what's next?

I famous coach said once, I think, that a big difference from asian (pro) players and european are that they can see through the gesture of the opponent what he's up to. They can see in the movements what the attack will be. But that doesn't have to do with my original question... :p

7. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

dat has some logic.. with a flashy color its easier for people to read the potential shot type etc.. but if there's a camo racquet, i.e. it almost merges into the background... that could be the ultimate deception racquet!

8. meteor

meteor Regular Member

Best is to wear black, black racket with black strings, different color shoes (bright green and bright orange).

9. enteroutdo

enteroutdo New Member

doubt it'd make a huge difference since you should be watching the shuttle and not the player anyway.[​IMG]

10. meteor

meteor Regular Member

There's a reason why deceptive play goes a long way - including a pro level. Our attention is constantly biased by various stimuli during the game. You need an extremely focused attention to be able to just watch the shuttle, every time, every rally. Of course this would be ideal.
    Anyway I was joking about black outfit but different color shoe leases is a classic :)

11. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional

i haven't experience with the same model racket with different colors, but i enjoy playing with flashy rackets more so because i will notice more when i don't have my racket up, and when i am about to strike the shuttle, i can see where my racket is in reference to the positon of the shuttle, so it's easier for me to determine how hard and what angle i should strike the shuttle with. however, i've already mentioned that i haven't found a racket that has many different colors and have not tried to spray paint different colors on my go-to racket (nanoray300 at this time) so i wouldn't know if my hypothesis is true. and if i switch to a different color racket, it will be a whole different racket so it will certainly play differently.

this is a very good question actually, it would be awesome to be able to experiment with this idea!!!

#11 gundamzaku, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  12. yuki onitsura

yuki onitsura Regular Member

High school English teacher
    I'm waiting for my Super Mario laces to be delivered so I can put them on my badminton shoes =D

13. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Maybe this explains why LCW always loses to LD... because of the red, fiery N90's distraction... compared to his dull, bland Z-Force... :p