Trans-Europe Badminton Vacation - ideas?!??

Discussion in 'Europe' started by beefheart, Aug 26, 2013.

1. beefheart

beefheart New Member

I have a crazy, random idea of planning a vacation across Europe that is all about visiting nice cities/countryside and playing badminton most nights at different clubs (as a guest/visitor) en route...and meeting some fellow friendly badminton players of course.

Does anyone have any suggestions for clubs I could visit - that would combine some good travelling/scenery?

I will come over from the UK by car most likely and intend to stay in guest houses/pensions/budget hotels etc.

I would probably travel in November - failing that, next April.

I'm M, in my 30s and interested in playing people of all ages. My standard is league level (intermediate to advanced) and I prefer playing with feathers.

I'd be looking to travel in places like Belgium, Holland, France, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Luxembourg.

If anyone else wants to join up for some of the trip -- why not?? Ha, ha!

2. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

Hey beefheart, I plan on attempting the same thing. I'm hoping to leave around march next year. I'm 25 year old male. Standard is advanced (at least in terms of my small club here)

Have you had any luck meeting anyone?

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Please count in that in November we have league games at the weekend. Mostly saturday evening. Your idea is great but difficult to manage. Would you like to play only or train at different clubs? If you visit Germany Hamburg, Munich, Berlin, Ruhrgebiet and Dresden are great cities and nice for vacation. Ruhrgebiet is very interesting because there are alot big and different cities on a small area.
    If you need more information about well known and famous badmintonclubs in Germany, you can write me a pm. Maybe you would like to visit my city? We have a giant glass elephant.;)

#3 ucantseeme, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013