Bicycle suspension

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by ayl, Jan 1, 2004.

1. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    G'day,

Wondering if anyone out there also rides mountain bikes.

I've got an ancient GT LTS-1 mountain bike with Rock Shox Super Delux rear shock. Unfortunately because the bike is so old (bought in 1996) the rear sock is stuffed and I cannot get a replacement, as most bicycle suspension manufacturers don't make a 5" long shock anymore (everything in market now are 6.5" in length minimum).

Looked up Rockshox / Fox suspension website and no one seemed to make a 5" after market shock which will retro fit into my bike. The local bike dealers can't guarantee they can fix the old damper unit and I don't want to throw the bike away...

Any sugguestions? Has anyone got experience in pulling apart an old Rock Shox rear shock unit? I think all I need to do is to pull it apart and refill it with suspension fluid but I don't know where to start...

Also, wondering if anyone's ridden a GT ZR 2.0 road bike. I'm thinking of upgrading to this bike but nobody in Australia seem to stock one for me to test ride on...

2. firebolt_201

firebolt_201 Regular Member

student
    i think ur best bet is to go to a mountain biking forum dude.. here ... go here ..

http://www.bikeforums.net/index.php?s=

and register .. goto mountain bike or mechanic bike help ...

(i was gonna get into bmx'ing but i gived up cuz i dont got a bike and its so expensive:( )

good luck ..