Need Racquet Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by pandaengineer, Aug 29, 2013.

1. pandaengineer

pandaengineer Regular Member

Graduate Student
    Hi All, I am a beginner player and still learning the form.

I need a new racquet, I currently have a Yonex VT-80 and I love it! I love it being head heavy, however I need a second racquet (e.g., I let my friend use the VT-80). What racquet should I get? I really don't mind getting another VT-80, but I think I should consult the experts here too.

* I am beginner player.
    * Still learning smash form.
    * My backhand is quiet weak.
    * I always hit the birdie too hard, and there is high probability to go out of bounds.
    * Cost isn't that big of an issue.

My other friend also recommended me this --> http://www.badmintonbay.com/Badmint...ng-Badminton-Racket/Apacs-Training-W-140.html

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If you love it, there's no better reason to get another!

3. pandaengineer

pandaengineer Regular Member

Graduate Student
    P.S. Recommend me some shoes to buy as well (preferably available on amazon or ebay).

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hello,

you are not a racket renting agency. ;) So if you give a friend your racket, why don't you take his racket? So you don't need to spend money for a second one. As a beginner I would wait with a buy of a second racket. Sometimes people grow in their racket, sometimes they develop a different liking and style of play and will prefer a different racket.
    IMO you don't need to buy a second racket. Maybe your friend need to buy a own one.;)

If it comes to shoes, every recommendation is nearly useless. Shoes have different shapes, fits and every feet are different. I wouldn't buy shoes on ebay because of fakes or on amazon, because you have trouble with sending back, trying next and so on. I would visit a few shops for badminton and try on different brands and models. The one which is most comfortable I would choose.