Singles...

Discussion in 'Jonas Rasmussen Forum' started by Matt Ross, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Jonas,

What are you like at playing singles with friends (social and international)? I find being a doubles player that i try to attack too often and find myself all over the place...nothing better than doubles i feel ;)
    It is funny tho trying to see me compete against higher level singles players, do you tend to avoid it?

Matt

2. JR

JR Regular Member

Professional Badmintonplayer
    Never!!

Hi Matt!!

I don´t play singles anymore. When I was a junior I stopped and chose to play mixed and doubles instead.

Many of my teammates from KMB often ask me if I want to play singles against them but I´ve made it a rule for myself not to play.

When this is said I´m not bad at all. I think I could ok if I started concentrating on singles and gave up mensdoubles. That would not be a wise choice, do you think?

It´s not that easy to just play singles when I´ve not been used to it for such a long time. Because, you move completely different in singles than in the doubles.

I´ve actually played one singles tournament as a senior. South African open I played all three categories and won them all.

Kind Regards

Jonas