User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard something which is well known in table tennis in China which applies to badminton too - not my opinion, it's just what I've heard!

There are many many talents in the business of badminton who have the skills get into the top 20. But since they have so many players in their pool, they intentionally sacrifice a lot of them and let them being sparring players for their whole career. This also means that there are sparring players they only have the task to imitate Lee Chong Wei's style to let their compatriots train against him.

Does someone here know more about this fact / rumour or whatever it is?

I was kinda surprised when I've heard that. But if I think about it, it's very realistic that this happens in table tennis and in badminton as well. Eventhough it's very sad for all the sacrificed talents. Their only opportunity to attend in international tournaments and make a badminton career is to change their nationality by joining another country. But I can imagine that many parents of these talents are not rich enough to support their child outside of China, so... That it will remain a sad story for most of them...
    Last edited by Accordaz; 03-10-2014 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBA appears to be looking for the best combination in WD. I guess there's pretty much no question that it would involve Wang Xiaoli. She's the best all around player and the most powerful smash in the world.

But I don't understand why they would pair her with Ma Jin. This doesn't seem to be a good pairing, since Ma Jin isn't very offensive-minded, preferring to use drops and blocks and pushes.

I think Zhao Yunlei or Bao Yixin would even make better pairing. Why don't CBA try one of those players? ZYL is extremely offensive minded, and I think would actually suit WXL very well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    CBA appears to be looking for the best combination in WD. I guess there's pretty much no question that it would involve Wang Xiaoli. She's the best all around player and the most powerful smash in the world.

But I don't understand why they would pair her with Ma Jin. This doesn't seem to be a good pairing, since Ma Jin isn't very offensive-minded, preferring to use drops and blocks and pushes.

I think Zhao Yunlei or Bao Yixin would even make better pairing. Why don't CBA try one of those players? ZYL is extremely offensive minded, and I think would actually suit WXL very well.
    Ma Jin and WXL used to be partners prior to Uber 2010. But when they lost in Uber 2010, they spilt. I doubt they would be back together again, especially since Yu Yang and WXL as a pair is simply unstoppable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least for the next several months at the India SS and Singapore SS they are playing together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yu Yang was born in 1986, so in Rio she would be 30, which is pretty old especially for a WD player in the CBA, which is so deep anyways. Pairing MJ and WXL would make some sense insofar as they are both younger, although CBA probably still want MJ to be concentrating on XD.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    At least for the next several months at the India SS and Singapore SS they are playing together.
    MJ and WXL??? where u hear that from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    MJ and WXL??? where u hear that from?
    Looking at the entry lists

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Woffle View Post
    Looking at the entry lists

u are right... MJ and WXL are together again!!!

TQ and ZYL are also together!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such luxury,spoilt for choice on who to partner who in CHN WD. What a contrast with their MD where CHN don't even have a strong reliable pair yet and only the new combination of Fu Haifeng and Zhang Nan is just beginning to show some promise.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    I've heard something which is well known in table tennis in China which applies to badminton too - not my opinion, it's just what I've heard!

There are many many talents in the business of badminton who have the skills get into the top 20. But since they have so many players in their pool, they intentionally sacrifice a lot of them and let them being sparring players for their whole career. This also means that there are sparring players they only have the task to imitate Lee Chong Wei's style to let their compatriots train against him.

Does someone here know more about this fact / rumour or whatever it is?

I was kinda surprised when I've heard that. But if I think about it, it's very realistic that this happens in table tennis and in badminton as well. Eventhough it's very sad for all the sacrificed talents. Their only opportunity to attend in international tournaments and make a badminton career is to change their nationality by joining another country. But I can imagine that many parents of these talents are not rich enough to support their child outside of China, so... That it will remain a sad story for most of them...
    What you heard doesn't sound implausible. With such depth of talents, theoretically speaking, it could be true to some extent. But, on the other hand, many of CHN's national coaches are not old, still quite fit and haven't lost touch with their skills, so they could personally guide and spar with their charges on how to deal with certain troublesome opponents.

As for these sparring partners, if they do their job very well simulating the foreign players like Lee CW, for example, I'm sure the exceptional ones will get a chance to be inducted into the national team one day. Whatever, I shan't speculate too much.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi fans : I heard that although China team is sponsor by Li ning, but strings they are using BG 65 and BG 80, how true is this ? Any of you heard of this news?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Hi fans : I heard that although China team is sponsor by Li ning, but strings they are using BG 65 and BG 80, how true is this ? Any of you heard of this news?
    Most of the time - actually I don't recall seeing any exception - when I watch CHN players on TV, I see them using Li-Ning's strings, not Yonex whether it's BG65 or BG80. The Li-Ning logo on the strings is pretty obvious. Perhaps somebody knows something that we don't ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Most of the time - actually I don't recall seeing any exception - when I watch CHN players on TV, I see them using Li-Ning's strings, not Yonex whether it's BG65 or BG80. The Li-Ning logo on the strings is pretty obvious. Perhaps somebody knows something that we don't ?
    Haha, I don't think you can go by the logo. The logo is for the sponsor. No money, no logo.

In one story, a stringer for the Chinese was being coy about what string they use. So it may well be Yonex string.

On the other hand, the pros string their rackets so tight, the string plays far less a role than it does for amateurs. So it may just be a habit rather than anything else.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to the Lin Dan thread? Is Lin Dan banned on BC?

Meanwhile, Lin Dan and Li YongBo were guests on the March 14th episode of the TV show "Super Brain" (sorry, no translation):

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    What happened to the Lin Dan thread? Is Lin Dan banned on BC?
    because the comment in the thread is too spicy i guess?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW probably shouldn't worry about the wildcard. LD has been busy.

Name:  595419dfjw1eehh60cy3oj20at0dbq43.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  46.9 KB
    Name:  595419dfjw1eehh6pf7doj218g0xcajw.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  32.5 KB

PS: the sign says Lin Dan Store

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast