User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 32
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    9,006
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 2013 JAPAN Open SS DRAW

    The draw is already published, BWF link : http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=489559&dl=1

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,532
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting draw for indians..

    K.Srikanth , if qualified will meet kento momota and possible next round opponent will be wang zhenming/TinMinhNyugen. Looking forward to his matches.

    Sai Praneeth vs Hu Yun in the first round.

    H.S.Prannoy if qualified, will meet Sourabh verma in the first round.

    Sindhu could possibly meet Aya Ohori in the first round . Let's see how these youngsters do there.

    Again Saina vs Lindaweni in the first round..

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    673
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nice to see Sayaka Sato back in tournaments and she has an easy path to the main draw.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    san jose
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Interesting draw for indians..

    K.Srikanth , if qualified will meet kento momota and possible next round opponent will be wang zhenming/TinMinhNyugen. Looking forward to his matches.

    Sai Praneeth vs Hu Yun in the first round.

    H.S.Prannoy if qualified, will meet Sourabh verma in the first round.

    Sindhu could possibly meet Aya Ohori in the first round . Let's see how these youngsters do there.

    Again Saina vs Lindaweni in the first round..
    Looks like there are 8 badminton players in MS from INDIA. I guess going forward INDIA will take over BADMINTON as they took over CRICKET!! :-)
    ITs all $$$ , the more $$$ the players work harder and better.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,532
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naim564 View Post
    Looks like there are 8 badminton players in MS from INDIA. I guess going forward INDIA will take over BADMINTON as they took over CRICKET!! :-)
    ITs all $$$ , the more $$$ the players work harder and better.
    Many MS players withdrew it seems. I have read in some article saying "The following is the Indian contingent for Japan Open: Parupalli Kashyap, Ajay Jayaram, B. Sai Praneeth, K. Srikanth, Saurabh Verma, Manu Attri, Sumeet Reddy and P.V. Sindhu. Coach: Madhumita Bisht."

    Saina Nehwal also withdrew her name from Japan Open 2013 for the reason which is unknown to me.
    Last edited by scorpion1; 09-06-2013 at 02:06 AM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,068
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajat_remar View Post
    nice to see Sayaka Sato back in tournaments and she has an easy path to the main draw.
    yes, she is coming back slowly. She also played at the All Japan Workers Badminton Championship last week but lost to Shizuka Uchida in 3 games in the QF. All the best to her in the coming JO.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    san jose
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Many MS players withdrew it seems. I have read in some article saying "The following is the Indian contingent for Japan Open: Parupalli Kashyap, Ajay Jayaram, B. Sai Praneeth, K. Srikanth, Saurabh Verma, Manu Attri, Sumeet Reddy and P.V. Sindhu. Coach: Madhumita Bisht."

    Saina Nehwal also withdrew her name from Japan Open 2013 for the reason which is unknown to me.
    For Indian players or any players they need to get more recognized, fame and get $$$. They got soooooo much fame and $$$ from IBL which they could not have gone from playing JO, AO or any super series hence now skipping these tournaments is not a big deal.
    now the Indian team can sit relax for sometime and ignore few tournaments until they come back.
    The Indian Badminton team already achieved what they wanted.. to be in limelight be #2 sport in India after cricket and get all the attention from the MultiBillion Dollar Marketing industry which they got now... :-)

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The MS draw is insanely competitive for everyone not named CL or LCW.
    WZM vs TMN in the first round, and the winner might face Kento Momota in the 2nd. Jan O vs Takuma in the first and the winner will be facing either WKW or DuPY. It's just..the 1st 2nd rounds could be a QF or almost a SF!

    And in the WS if everyone seeded is actually competing(How many of the Chinese WS will play?TTY?RI?) it could be a very exciting tournament, with many strong junior players coming up, Nozomi, Sun Yu and Aya Horoi.

    The MD could be a repeat of the WC final, but there's plenty of room for upsets. The 1st seeds path to the final could be a very interesting one indeed...
    Last edited by Giga01; 09-15-2013 at 09:08 AM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Penwinack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    BELIEVE
    Posts
    596
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    The MS draw is insanely competitive for everyone not named CL or LCW.
    WZM vs TMN in the first round, and the winner might face Kento Momota in the 2nd. Jan O vs Takuma in the first and the winner will be facing either WKW or DuPY. It's just..the 1st 2nd rounds could be a QF or almost a SF!

    And in the WS if everyone seeded is actually competing(How many of the Chinese WS will play?TTY?RI?) it could be a very exciting tournament, with many strong junior players coming up, Nozomi, Sun Yu and Aya Horoi.

    The MD could be a repeat of the WC final, but there's plenty of room for upsets. The 1st seeds path to the final could be a very interesting one indeed...
    So everyone notice JO ss is the true battle competition after WC.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    9,006
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Latest update from ts com that some players/pairs withdrew : R.M.V. Gurusaidutt (IND), Du Pengyu (CHN), Parupalli Kashyap (IND), Saina Nehwal (IND), Nozomi Okuhara (JPN), Aprilia Yuswandari (INA), Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei (CHN), Mads Pieler Kolding/Kamilla Rytter Juhl (DEN), etc.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    the moon
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Many MS players withdrew it seems. I have read in some article saying "The following is the Indian contingent for Japan Open: Parupalli Kashyap, Ajay Jayaram, B. Sai Praneeth, K. Srikanth, Saurabh Verma, Manu Attri, Sumeet Reddy and P.V. Sindhu. Coach: Madhumita Bisht."

    Saina Nehwal also withdrew her name from Japan Open 2013 for the reason which is unknown to me.
    I heard that she got injured... also she doesn't need any points from this SS because she withdrew last year.
    I think she must be training very hard for Denmark SP. For this year (one year after OG), I don't think any celebrated top players really care much about results. They should try very hard to find out their own weakness and to develop new skills.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    17,402
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe the spent LXR and LX-R(Liu Xin) should withdraw too and spend a few days doing promotional activities for BWF.

    As for WZM, no matter how tired he is, I still wish to see him persevere, struggle and overcome obstacles as much as possible for experience sake and to toughen himself further.

  13. #13
    Regular Member kelana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Parmir Mountains, Silk Road
    Posts
    3,113
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    17,402
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cheng Shu's withdrawal, which affected her WD partner Zhao Yunlei, is due to her injury sustained at the Chinese National Games.

    Sindhu gets to play qualifiers only until the QF where she may cross swords with LXR provided the latter survived until then. Aya Ohori turns out to be LXR's R1 opponent to be followed by either Busanan or Yui Hashimoto, an uneasy draw for a spent LXR. Luckily Liu Xin, the CHN Masters titlist, isn't playing here and gets a much-needed rest.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,532
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This time, Li Xuerui, being the number 1 seed and world No.1 , is the favourite for the title.
    And It would be an easy outing for LCW and Chen Long , both of them got much needed rest. There should not be any surprises.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    17,402
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A resurgent Sho Sasaki and rising young K Srikanth's clash is interesting; awaiting either next is probably Chen Long. In the adjacent quadrant is Rumbaka vs Marc Zwiebler and Chen Yuekun vs K Tago, four equally tough opponents.

    Good to see WZM in the same half as LCW but I think it's quite a stretch for the former to progress that far even if his fitness holds as difficult opponents are lined up for him from R1 such as NTM, K Momota,Boonsak Ponsana before that formidable one.

    As for LCW, looking at the draw, he is expected to sail into the final. I look forward to seeing Chen Long rise again as The Dragon to take on The Mighty LCW.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    17,402
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Li Xuerui can win the title here, that would be scary, isn't it? For her it's equivalent to playing four back-to-back SS tournaments, surely it's too much to ask of her. I estimated she had played 17 matches (WS and WD) non-stop before coming here. I doubt even Lin Dan or LCW would be willing to do that, not to say whether they can win it or not. She's only human, don't overestimate her abilities.

    Certainly, newly-crowned WC Intanon is the favourite here, with outside chances for Busanan, Sindhu, Lindaweni, S Takahashi, Tai TY, M Mitani, Porntip, and, lastly, WYH.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •