Help, with racket shaft

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by AznPacMan, Sep 4, 2013.

1. AznPacMan

AznPacMan Regular Member

Hi, is there somehow a way to make your racket shaft stiffer?
    i'm an average, junior player(13) and can't buy another racket. i use a yonex arcsaber 002 which is flexible and i like would the shaft to be more stiff.
    please help!
    btw this is my first post
    thank you

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hi.:)

There will be no method which wouldn't harm your racket. You can wrap overgrip up over the shaft or some insulating tape. But your racket will break.
    You can try to sell your racket to a friend and buy something different or trade it. If you can afford the shipping costs I can give you my AT50 as a gift. ;)

3. surajaya

surajaya Regular Member

Replace the handle with a longer one (2 - 3 cm longer).
    Shaft will be shorter and feel a lot stiffer. Probably need to adjust the balance point too
    But, this probably not feasible for high labour country (just cost 2-3 dollar here, but must be a lot more in your country)

4. yuki onitsura

yuki onitsura Regular Member

High school English teacher
    Given that it costs $15-$25 to have a racquet restrung in Australia (and that's not even including the cost of strings), I suspect the cost of any modification work, assuming you could find someone to do it, would probably cost more than just purchasing a new low or mid-range racquet.

5. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    yes you can, I have one racquet collided with another one on the shaft, and the carbon fiber shred off, so I used carbon fiber thread wrap around the shaft from the handle to T throat, and the shaft is much stiffer, so I sand it off a bit, but it's stiff stiffer compare to original shaft,
    1. mix epoxy 2:1 ratio, then apply on the shaft thin coat, so the carbon fiber thread stick to it when you wrap around the shaft.
    2. wait a day in hot dry place, (not direct under the sun) , or use hair dryer.
    3. sand off with water. dry it and spray clear coat on,
    for decoration, you can stick temporary tatoo sticker on be4 spray clear coat. goodluck with your project.

6. AznPacMan

AznPacMan Regular Member

i think i might just try and save up to buy a new racket, because it seems a bit too risky...

7. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Yep, that's the best way.

8. fainluoba

fainluoba New Member

would probably cost more than just purchasing a new low or mid-range racquet.[​IMG]