Alternative/backup to Head Power Heliix 8000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Jemzor, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Jemzor

Jemzor Regular Member

I managed to pick one of these rackets up a few weeks ago and I can't really praise it enough. This was to replace an Armortec 700 which I have used for many years with various string tensions. However, despite the less head-heavy feel, I can get a lot more power out of the Helix when clearing and smashing than I ever could out of the Yonex, so maybe a more forgiving stiffness works better for me. Precision has also worked very well on the standard string supplied with the racket.

Being that Head no longer makes any badminton rackets and I can't seem to find another Helix, what would you suggest as a backup racket? The Armortec has given me an appreciation for a heavier racket than what I'm currently using, so I would equally consider a racket as light as the Helix or perhaps a little head heavier.

Many thanks.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i bought one about a year ago, and i fell in love with it immediately. the ease of using this racket cannot be compared by other rackets. i agree that this racket is very forgiving indeed. if you search the websites of legit HK badminton stores i think you can still find them. if i remember correctly, i was still able to find it on sohubuy.com for very very reasonable pricing.

in regards to a replacement of it, i don't think i can find one that swings the same, it's 3u on the heavy side but a bit head light to even balance. it sorta reminded of the last time i used the nanospeed9900, but the nano9900 is way stiffer.

3. Jemzor

Jemzor Regular Member

Does yours have a YouTek logo by the joint? Some of them don't for some reason.

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    mine doesn't

5. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

Jemzor - the 8000 came in various guises depending on production year. The Youtek version/paintjob was a later model. As you are in the UK, you may also be interested to know that the Head 8000 is still available from Racketworld. See Amazon.