String Recomendation For Hard Hitter

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by slair76116, Sep 4, 2013.

1. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    Hi Guys, Please recommend me new string I've been using Yonex NBG98 an um66 so far and they are ok. I'm a hard hitter. I want power and don't much care about durability. Usually string both above strings at 24-26. Any new strings that you think I should try out? Thanks a lot.

2. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Power and repulsion are different, bg 80 is pretty good for power :)

3. slair76116

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    i want more explosive power on fast impact like on smashes. dont care much about repulsion i have enough strength to clear the back of the court.

4. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

How do u find nbg98 ? I only use this string now because I find it has good power but also reasonable durability. Before I had bg85 at 24lb once, and found it was awesome - smashes were super fast with high pitched sound, but the durability was terrible

5. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I get a lot of power from BG80P, BG65Ti, VS850 and NBG95 but all except the NBG95 loose tension rapidly.

My current favourite all-rounder which seems to have the least compromise of all strings is NBG99.

It gives me almost as much power as the others but retains tension much better than the others. It also has good repulsion and control which I like. The feel is not quite as nice as say fresh VS850 but it is good enough.

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    High repulsion reduces the shuttle dwell time on the strings which is necessary for powerful smashes. The ideal repulsion for you to smash your hardest will depend on a lot of factors (particularly your ability, technique, strength etc) and not just the string alone. You will need to experiment yourself to see what suits you.

Reviews and recommendations will help to understand how a string feels and behaves but when it comes to power, that is something you will need to decide yourself as everyone is different.

Most non-beginners have enough power to clear to the back of the court. So that's not really an indication of "power" as such. Also, one person's perception of a "hard hitter" may be another's perception of "average".

7. slair76116

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    I have the fastest smash at the moment in the club I play. It's nothing amazing but with the guys I play with it's good. I think I will try the BG80P at around 25lbs I found the um66 better than the NBG but please note I had the um strung at a higher tension.. so it's not a direct comparison. I understand we have to try each string and each tension to find ones ideal or close to ideal I just wanted a new string recommendation for power hitting other than the um66 and nbg's to try and compare with.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

If you're really a hard hitter, then nothing beats bg80. There is no other string like it.

9. slair76116

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    I just got mine restrung with the um66 :) that's ok I'll try the BG80 the next time im in Singapore. by the way is just the bg80 or the bg80P ? And thank you every one for your advise, much apreciated

10. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    BG80P = BG80 Power, which is different to BG80.

BG80P is softer than BG80 and not quite as rough. I personally prefer BG80P and can get more power from BG80P than BG80.

I get more control and feel with BG80 but definitely more power with BG80P.

11. HHXIONG

HHXIONG Regular Member

if you are a hard hitter then you shouldn't go for any strings below 0.68mm. frankly speaking, I wont even consider them, it just takes few games for the string to break for my case. If you are looking for more power then what you do is to raise your string tension by 1 /2 lbs, provided you got the physical strength to handle the high tension in order to fire powerful smashes, if you don't, you may end up injuring your arm / wrist or you cant generate any power outta your racket. I myself would always go for 30lbs with thicker string like bg80 or the bg 65 for my rackets. Thicker string would be durable and able to withstand high tension .